Solved

Two cars using Zappi charger on Charge Anytime

• 27 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have a zappi charger at home. How can I set up both cars to charge at home using the charge anytime app? OVO told me they were working with zappi to allow this, however zappi told me they were only in discussion with Octopus.

I only moved to OVO to be able to charge two cars on the low rate.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 27 August 2023, 13:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Zappi isn't currently supported. You can't connect it right now. 

What EVs do you have?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Generally speaking, can two EV’s belonging to the same account holder, benefit from the Charge Anytime rate?

I have the Indra Pro charger if that makes any difference.

Badge

I have a 2022 mini se and 2022 Tesla model 3. Both are compatible as I understand it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Generally speaking, can two EV’s belonging to the same account holder, benefit from the Charge Anytime rate?

I have the Indra Pro charger if that makes any difference.

Not at the moment. The Indra Pro is fully supported. Any EV connected to it can benefit from the Charge Anytime rate and supports an unlimited number of vehicles. 

However, using two chargers at once or two EVs at once is not supported at this time. 

I have a 2022 mini se and 2022 Tesla model 3. Both are compatible as I understand it.

Use the Tesla on Direct 2 Vehicle mode. That'll get the most benefit. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Blastoise186 Thanks for clarifying that. For some reason, I was under the impression that the Charge Anytime rate was only applicable for one vehicle, which is why I thought that was the reason they asked for the vehicle details when setting it up.

Badge

Sorry I have asked the wrong question. Can I set up two ev’s to OVO “charge anytime”, and charge each vehicle at different times, not at the same time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If using a compatible Charger, yes.

Doing it via D2V is not currently supported as it was breaking the system. That functionality will be returning in the future.