Solved

Charge anytime lost connection with Ford Kuga PHEV

• 15 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello, just today charge anytime app has stopped connection with my Ford Kuga PHEV. I've tried to re-install OVO and Ford apps. Charge anytime sees the car but when I'm pressing complete button suddenly it kicks back to the main screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 15 September 2023, 19:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Longer !

Sorry about that. Can you give the Smart Home Team a shout? smarthome@ovoenergy.com . They’ll be able to dig deeper than we can here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello, just today charge anytime app has stopped connection with my Ford Kuga PHEV. I've tried to re-install OVO and Ford apps. Charge anytime sees the car but when I'm pressing complete button suddenly it kicks back to the main screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Longer did you get it working ?

Badge

Yes and no. Seems it's not an issue with OVO app but Ford app... And Ford CS team doesn't want to help ...

Badge

I hit the same problem with my Kuga PHEV.

The first problem you will hit is that the Ford Pass app doesn’t work with 3rd party apps like the one Ovo uses for smart charging. You will get an email from Ford saying your Ford Pass account was suspended for “suspicious activity” and you need to contact Ford customer services - which doesn’t help as they just tell you that their terms of service are that no 3rd party apps are allowed and there’nothing they can do! There is a workaround by creating a second Ford Pass account with a different email and sharing the vehicle between the 2 Ford Pass accounts - however even this may not be working as Ford have apparently locked out 3rd party access from Ovo citing security concerns.

The second problem I hit is that the Kuga has a “battery saver mode” which turns off the internal modem and stops the Ford Pass app and hence Ovo talking to the car and telling it when to charge. There doesn’t seem to be any way to work around this so I’m stuck with a car I can’t charge cheaply.

I get the feeling that Ford is the Kodak of the car industry - a once great firm that failed to adapt to changing technology. If you want low cost charging - then unfortunately you need to steer well clear of any Ford EV. The one exception is possibly the new Ford Explorer which is actually a re-badged VW ID4.

Userlevel 7

Hey @hoopyfrood,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

We’re seeing this with a few Community Members on the Forum, this similar thread may have some helpful advice to you:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Some users have had success again, so there’s a possible fix in place.

Try connecting again - hopefully you’ll be able to Smart Charge tonight!

Userlevel 7

Some users have had success again, so there’s a possible fix in place.

Try connecting again - hopefully you’ll be able to Smart Charge tonight!

Keep us posted @hoopyfrood