Solved

Why am I seeing an error message when I try to set-up an account online?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I need to open a new account for my rental property. I am the landlord and the most recent tenants have left. I get this error message: 

Oops, there’s a problem…

Sorry, we are currently unable to offer you a quote. Please check back soon

Any idea why ? Tried yesterday and got the same message. I’m not switching suppliers as the tenant used OVO.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 6 June 2022, 14:22

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Probably one for the Support Team I suspect. But if I was to make a guess, perhaps the tenant forgot to inform OVO they were moving out? You can probably fix this over the phone, but I’ll ask @Jess_OVO about this one.

Userlevel 7

This is a strange one, @juliamc.

Did the error message appear when you entered the address on our ‘Moving Home’ page? We would expect you to be able to create an account online regardless of whether the existing account at that address has been closed, so I’m wondering if there might be a pesky bug about. 🐛

If you’re still unable to get things sorted online, our Support Team can get this set-up over the phone, 0330 303 5063.

I hope this helps get things set-up.

i have a similar problem. Tenant moved out and there is no power to the property currently. Tried calling and there is a recorded message saying they are closed. It was midday on a Monday!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve just tried the phones a few minutes ago as a test. It seems to be working now, at least for me anyway.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Jess_OVO yes, it’s from the moving home page link, but I get the same error message if I request a quote from the OVO Energy front page. I fill in postcode, choose address, confirm DD no of bedrooms etc, then get the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Jess_OVO yes, it’s from the moving home page link, but I get the same error message if I request a quote from the OVO Energy front page. I fill in postcode, choose address, confirm DD no of bedrooms etc, then get the error.

I can’t reproduce this issue myself. That’s not to say there isn’t one of course, but perhaps there’s something on or about the account at that address which doesn’t exist for my flat?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Blastoise186 I suppose I’d better just ring the number. I used to have an OVO account at the address in 2020, before my recent tenants lived there. I’ve just tried to set up an online account for that address (with a different email to my own house supply) but that’s obv the wrong order to do things. Hope I haven’t screwed up the process !!

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t have thought you managed to cause this bug, @juliamc.

As you mention seeing the error message after entering the address details it does suggest it’s address-specific. I’m going to arrange to collect these details via a Private Message here so we can get this one passed on to the tech team.

In the meantime it’s best to give the Support Team a call to get things set-up. 🙂

i have a similar problem. Tenant moved out and there is no power to the property currently. Tried calling and there is a recorded message saying they are closed. It was midday on a Monday!!

Sounds like you might have a prepayment meter there, @saidasattar. Have you been in touch with our PAYG sister company, Boost yet?

I am purchasing a property where Electricity and Gas are both supplied by OVO, I am going to complete this coming wednesday, but when i go the OVO website to check for quotes for that propety it ends up with the below message.

Oops, there’s a problem…

Sorry, we are currently unable to offer you a quote. Please check back soon

Please advice how i can get quote for the propety.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @sskfny ,

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times recently and it might be because the property is on the legacy billing system, which OVO’s Quote & Switch Tool is unable to access.

Could you give the support team a call on 0330 303 5063 please? They can attempt to generate a quote over the phone and if that fails, they can escalate the issue for someone to dig deeper.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@sskfny that’s exactly the problem I had. I did phone OVO and asked for the team that dealt with the ‘legacy billing system’, they’re in Sunderland. I had to wait a few days for the startup email, but it arrived as promised and I now have an account.