Solved

Just moved into a house supplied by OVO - the website says you're not accepting new customers?

• 2 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi

i have just moved into my first house and the previous occupier used OVO as their energy provider.

I have tried to start as a new customer but the website says I can’t open an account and when I ring the options are for members only.

what should I do? I’m just concerned of the electric and gas being cut off

thanks

icon

Best answer by nealmurphy 2 August 2022, 17:48

View original

7 replies

Hi,

I have a similar experience in April and could not open my OVO (electric & Gas) account online. 

My last resort was to call them at 0330 303 5063. It’s done right away.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @JenniCox 

To quote the information on the moving home page:

If your new home is already supplied by OVO, great! We can get your account set up right away on our home move page. We’ll need to know: 

• The full address and postcode of your new home
  • The date you moved in
  • Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • Your phone number (either mobile or landline)
  • Your email address
  • Your Direct Debit details
  • The meter readings from when you moved in (if possible)

To get set up, call us as soon as possible after moving in on 0330 303 5063

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Oh and just to add to that (thanks neal!), if you get asked for an account number, simply press the hash # key and it’ll skip that check. You’ll want option 4 from the menu.

Hi,

I’m currently in the same situation as above. I’ve tried calling 0330 303 5063 but after pressing the # key to skip the account number step, there is no option 4 and the first three options aren’t relevant to opening an account.

What should I do?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

I’m currently in the same situation as above. I’ve tried calling 0330 303 5063 but after pressing the # key to skip the account number step, there is no option 4 and the first three options aren’t relevant to opening an account.

What should I do?

Thanks

Hi @Lewisjh ,

Ahh… Sorry about that! I’ll try and find out how you can get through but this may take a few days for me to figure out. Bear with me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok I’m back, sorry for the wait!

@Yee @JenniCox I have another option you can try. It’s not perfect, but if you get onto the Live Chat here first thing in the morning, you can ask for a call back to get things up and running. Please let the live chat agent know you need to do a Change of Tenancy and they can get the ball rolling.

It’s a bit of a hack I’m afraid and may not be quite as quick to do as I’d like, but I hope it works for you.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Lewisjh and welcome to the OVO online community,

Thanks so much for raising this issue with the wording of the options given when you give the Support Team a call. I’ve raised this to the team responsible to see if we can make things clearer. In the meantime I’d suggest calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting option 3 - for recently signed up customers.

Hope this helps.