Solved

Just moved into a house supplied by OVO - the website says you're not accepting new customers?

• 2 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi

i have just moved into my first house and the previous occupier used OVO as their energy provider.

I have tried to start as a new customer but the website says I can’t open an account and when I ring the options are for members only.

what should I do? I’m just concerned of the electric and gas being cut off

thanks

icon

Best answer by nealmurphy 2 August 2022, 17:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 30/08/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

If your new home is supplied by OVO, you can call our Support Team on 0330 303 5063, we’re open Monday- Friday 9am to 5pm. Or, if you’d prefer to do it all online you can sign up here

Once you put in your new address details the website will recognise we already supply your new home and give you a quote based on the usage figures we have for the property. 

We have some great guides which might answer any other questions you may have about this topic:

Once you’ve set up your account, we’ll email you a welcome pack within 5 working days. This will confirm your new account details… It's now time to set up your Online Account!

For more information check out this helpful tutorial: 

Hi @JenniCox 

To quote the information on the moving home page:

If your new home is already supplied by OVO, great! We can get your account set up right away on our home move page. We’ll need to know: 

• The full address and postcode of your new home
  • The date you moved in
  • Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • Your phone number (either mobile or landline)
  • Your email address
  • Your Direct Debit details
  • The meter readings from when you moved in (if possible)

To get set up, call us as soon as possible after moving in on 0330 303 5063