Solved

I no longer want to switch supplier away from OVO - how to cancel the switch?

• 28 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Help. I listened to a friend late last night and did an online switch to Utility warehouse. Just afterwards she told me hers was cheaper as she had other utilities with them. I can’t and don’t want to change broadband, mobile etc. so, I’ve messaged Utility warehouse and said I have changed my mind - 30 mins after I put the switch through. I want to stay with OVO - all prices seem shocking but OVO is slightly cheaper. I’ve had an email just now from OVO to acknowledge the switch request. Can I stop the switch is my query?

thanks.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 28 August 2022, 17:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 12/09/23 by Emmanuelle

You can find out more about Faster Switching in this helpful topic: 

Hi @Chrisd48 ,

Yup, there’s still a chance to shut down the switch and remain with OVO if that’s what you want to do. Please contact both suppliers ASAP and inform them both of your intention to cancel a pending switch. OVO will attempt to block it from their end and Utility Warehouse should (hopefully) be able to pull the plug from their side as well.

If the switch still goes though, you can use the Erroneous Transfer process to attempt to recall your supply back to OVO. This process can take a while, but it should pull your account back and restore things to how they were prior to the switch attempt.

If you’ve started to move any other utilities to Utility Warehouse and no longer want to do that, please inform both UW and all your current utility providers that you want to cancel all pending/ongoing switches. They’ll take care of the rest.

Hope this helps!