Solved

Why is it going to take weeks to get my smart meter fixed?

• 19 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

why does is take a month to get my smart meter fixed. First time I have had to use OVO support in the nearly 6 years I have been with OVO. To say I am far from impressed is an understatement. Anyone had similar issues? 

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 21 August 2023, 10:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I'm afraid we don't have X-Ray Vision here. Please describe the problem in more detail and provide photos. 

Smart meter is not communicating with OVO, not updating my app or the IHD. Carried out tests required and online agent informed me this morning it is at least 23 day before and appointment can be booked. This is after the 5-7 following receipt of the Smart meter health check! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

In that case, it's likely due to engineer availability. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @robbo75 

Sorry to hear about the issues with the Smart Meter.

Like Blastoise186 mentioned, the reason for this delay sounds like it’s down to engineer availability in the area. The Support agents will always offer the earliest available appointment, so it sounds like this was the soonest appointment they could give you. 

You may want to take and submit a meter reading at some point over the next couple if weeks if you can to keep your account as accurate as possible while you await the appointment.