Solved

Why does my IHD6 Chameleon temperature keep flashing?

• 5 January 2024
  • 6 replies

• Carbon Cutter*
  • 3 replies

I have a chameleon ihd6 and it seems to work ok finally but now the temperature indicator on the home screen keeps flashing.

does anyone know why it does this or what it means ?

any help much appreciated 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 5 January 2024, 11:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That’s probably a setting you can change. :)

Err hi there, if it were a setting I could change then I would have changed it.in the settings UI, 

I was looking for someone that had the same issue and has found a solution,

I've tried the settings ui but I can't find anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Unfortunately, I’ve got nothing else because this behaviour is otherwise undocumented

No worries, it’s probably secret morse code *edited by moderator*….who knows!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It could be something to do with the temperature gathering initiative rolled out by SMS and n3rgy … perhaps part of the data feed indication

From their website 

“SMS will use the energy data platform from n3rgy, its subsidiary company, to capture consumer consent to record the data. Heat transfer coefficient algorithms then analyse homes’ historic gas usage data to create different archetype groups and benchmarks. Tailored advice and solutions can then be presented to consumers via an app suggesting how to use energy more cost effectively. Recommendations on specific energy efficiency upgrade options, such as necessary fabric improvements and suitability for more sustainable heating systems, will also be identified and offered to each home.

Working alongside SMS on the project is leading smart energy technology company Chameleon Technology. Chameleon’s IHD device with built in temperature sensor is already being deployed as part of the national smart meter rollout, whilst the company’s ivie smart energy app will be utilised as part of the trial to deliver insights to customers. Independent energy supplier Green Energy UK completes the consortium of partners.

The project is part of BEIS’s new Smart Meter-based Internet of Things Applications Programme, which aims to support innovation to determine the feasibility of, and trial, the use of IoT sensor devices within the smart meter system.

Oh I understand now!

tbh I just wondered why it was flashing …