Solved

Where is the meter serial number for my SMETS2 Landis+Gyr (L&G) smart meter?

• 1 September 2022
  • 3 replies

can someone confirm the serial numbers of these meters?

electric

gas

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 1 September 2022, 18:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 05/04/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

In some cases you may be asked by your supplier to identify the meter serial numbers on your meters. The meter serial number (MSN) is a combination of letters and numbers that identify the actual meter. They'll be on your meter box: On standard meters the MSN is usually printed above or below the barcode and is between nine and 12 digits long. This should match the MSN written on your statements. If it doesn’t match, you’ll need to reach out to the Support Team. 

Check out this helpful guide for more information on Landis & Gyr E470 smart meters.

Find out more ways to work out whether your smart meter is SMETS 1 or SMETS2 in our complete guide to different smart meters, and how to tell them apart.

We also have these Forum guides:

Howdy @Mike H !

Sure thing. Here you go. :)

Electricity MSN: 21L4634265

Gas MSN: E6S17513232161 - but it might start E65, your photo isn’t quite clear enough and I can’t enhance it

Please be advised that this answer is adapted specifically for @Mike H and won’t be valid for anyone else.

Thanks yeah  that’s what I thought and it is E6S. For some reason it’s taking over 6 months and still got the wrong serial numbers on my bills for the meters and sent pictures 4 times now and probally spent 30 plus hours on phone explaining it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The more I think about it, the more I think it does start E6S, because I cannot think of any MSN syntax for a gas meter that would contain a prefix of E65. :)