Solved

Smart meter not sending electricity reads

• 19 February 2024
  • 17 replies

Hi, I’ve had problem with no meter readings being sent since start of December . OVO sent engineer, he replaced both meters 24th January. Gas meter readings being sent ok, but not electricity readings. Phoned OVO , said I must wait 6 weeks to see if it miraculously sorts itself. I said , no electricity smart meter readings sent since early December. Also I’ve lost out on Powersave, as they don’t have the readings. Anyone help ? 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 26 February 2024, 11:20

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @wakeyjock , the electricity meter hosts the communication hub which transfers the data so it’s unusual for gas to get through but not electricity. 
Which meter do you have and what lights are flashing and how often ?

Theres a smart meter check which can be used once you know which meter you have. 

The wan & Han lights flash green every 5 seconds.

The 2 lights above s/n flash irregularly each  Red

Userlevel 7
Badge

We’ve seen several cases where the account for a newly-installed meter has been configured such that the reading schedule is changed to Monthly instead of the half-hourly frequency you used to have. Please call support and ask them to check what the schedule is, and if necessary change it back to half-hourly.

Meanwhile, some users have reported seeing a button to do this online. You may be lucky: visit Power Move - OVO Energy. Are you registered as  Joined ? Can you see the button? 

I’m already signed up for power move , half hourly readings, it’s just OVO are not receiving any readings other my manual reading from electricity meter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m already signed up for power move , half hourly readings, it’s just OVO are not receiving any readings other my manual reading from electricity meter. 

Try a smart meter health check 

https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com/

The WAN & HAN flashes sound right and the other red flashes should be just power usage. 

Did health check . Guess what answer was ? Yes your smart meters are talking to us !! Then why no electricity meter readings?  🤬🤬😂

Userlevel 7
Badge

Please call support and ask them to check what the schedule is, and if necessary change it back to half-hourly.

I’m already signed up for ... half hourly readings,

Did Support confirm this?

Userlevel 7

Yes @wakeyjock it sounds like your smart meters may be on a monthly reading schedule:

I’m get half hourly readings gas meter, OVO keep asking for manual readings for electricity as they are not receiving any readings for electricity. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You need to ask for the read schedule to be set on the electric meter again. Please ask Support to do that

OVO have confirmed meters are on half hourly readings, but receiving readings from meter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

In that case, https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com is the tool you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In that case, https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com is the tool you need.

All tested 3 days ago (see earlier post) 

As you can see , states OVO are receiving readings, but they are not. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @wakeyjock,

I’m sorry for the issues you’re having,

Can you send a screenshot of the meter readings page on your Online Account to our Support Team, you can do so via webchat. 

I wonder if maybe the meters are on the DCC so sending meter readings across remotely, but somehow your meter isn’t registered to the account. So the readings aren’t being pulled across to our billing system/the online account. 

It’s impossible to tell as we don’t have access to your account on the Forum, but the support team will be able to investigate this further for you. 

Thank you Emmanuelle_OVO. Engineer is visiting premises next week. 

Userlevel 7

Keep us posted with how you get on @wakeyjock