Solved

My Trio II In Home Display is showing high gas usage when no gas appliances are on?

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

We’ve just had gas and electricity smart meters installed.  The Trio II monitor display looks correct for the current electricity usage, with the needle moving as lights are switched on/off.  When the gas boiler was heating the water, the monitor was showing £0.99/hr, which I took to be ok.  

But for some time after the boiler went off, (we heat the water for an hour at lunchtime), it continued to show current usage of £0.99/hr.  Then, it suddenly went up the £4.56/hr, even though the boiler was no longer running.  The central heating is not on, and our gas fire is hardly ever used.

To be fair, the total amount spent for today has not risen over the last hour, so I’m comforted by that.  But I’m still concerned that the current usage display is still showing a high amount.

Many thanks for any insights you can give.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 12 October 2022, 14:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 15/06/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Howdy @Jock ,

I’m afraid IHDs can’t show real-time gas usage data because gas meters only sync with a heartbeat once every 30 minutes to save battery. Your IHD is giving you an average snapshot during each period based on the last half-hourly snapshot.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my question Blastoise.  That makes sense of what I’m now seeing on the display.

Cheers, Jock.