Solved

My IHD and my remote for my boiler read different room temperatures?

• 26 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Right another query from me. :) 

I have noticed that my smart meter and my remote for my boiler read different room temperatures.. 

Any idea why? Had heating set for 13 overnight.. smart meter said it was 15 in the flat.. 

Turned heat up to 16 after I got up.. and smart meter says its currently 18.. No way in heck its 18 in here..  

Why the discrepency???? Is this causing any issues with my usage?

Any ideas welcome. 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 26 November 2022, 12:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Right another query from me. :) 

I have noticed that my smart meter and my remote for my boiler read different room temperatures.. 

Any idea why? Had heating set for 13 overnight.. smart meter said it was 15 in the flat.. 

Turned heat up to 16 after I got up.. and smart meter says its currently 18.. No way in heck its 18 in here..  

Why the discrepency???? Is this causing any issues with my usage?

Any ideas welcome. 

You’ll probably find that the sensor positioning for the temperature pick up are in different locations. The boiler stat can also be ‘modified’ to adjust to certain locations and of course finally, sensors can be inaccurate 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Most likely different temperature sensors between the IHD and your boiler remote. It happens. This won’t cause your meter to get messed up though - the temperature sensor in the IHD is only a guide. Nothing more, nothing less.

It could also be that they’re reading from different locations. Remember that heat rises, so it’s warmer higher up than lower down for the most part.

Userlevel 1

Yep well aware that heat rises :).. I IHD is lower than the controller for my boiler.. Thought it was perhaps just meant to be a guide.. Just was curious why 2 degree difference. :) 

I’m curious that way .. lol

Userlevel 7

Do you find the temperature feature on the In Home Display helpful, @Amerififer

Am I right in thinking this feature is available in newer Chameleon IHD6’s @Blastoise186? Any other In Home Displays have this feature? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The only Chameleon ones I know to have a temp sensor are the ivie Bud and the Chameleon IHD7 (including variants like the IHD7-CAD-PPMID and IHD7-CAD-PPMID-S1). I think I’ve also seen it on a few Geo and Hildebrand IHDs as well.

What I can confirm is that I’ve not seen it on the IHDL SmartView range.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IHD6 has a temperature reading .. well at least on mine it does 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ah yeah, I forgot about those. It’s possible a few later ones had it after a hardware refresh.

Could you check under IHD Info for me as to what model you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yeah, I forgot about those. It’s possible a few later ones had it after a hardware refresh.

Could you check under IHD Info for me as to what model you have?

IHD6-CAD-PPMID 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thought so. That means you’ve probably got the hardware refreshed version :)