Solved

In Home Display (IHD) Chameleon 3 not updating?

• 5 October 2022
  • 4 replies

My IHD3 is not updating. Spoke to someone on their chat who said they would try to manually update it and I should give it 24 hours. Now some 48 hours later it is still showing the old tariff. Should I contact them again?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 19 October 2022, 11:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That might be worth doing. Make sure to request that the SMETS Command Update Tariff Configuration is issued to both meters if you have electric and gas!

Thank you for your help Blastoise186 for your reply. I eventually after many attempts of asking got through to a young man who said it would be easier to send me a whole new unit as updating my IHD3 would be problematic. Fingers crossed one comes in the post.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Homebase,

I went away and asked my secret smart meter expert contact about this. I wanted to pass on the response in case it helps you or anyone else:

“I imagine the issue is that the tariff update has not landed on this customer's meter. We can check this if we have the customer's details. If the IHD is communicating and reflecting all other data aside from the correct tariff, I'd imagine it's not the fault of the IHD. Issuing a new IHD will not fix the issue (it will just pick up the same incorrect tariff info from the meter when connected).

It’s worth noting that we've got a significant number of tariff updates that did not land on Oct 1st due to a timeout issue with DCC. This is currently being investigated and hopefully rectified soon.”

​​​@Homebase can you confirm if it was all info that dropped from the IHD or just the tariff update?

Tim_OVO, thank you for your message. I can confirm that it was just the tariff update that had not updated, everything else was working. I can add that as of yesterday (18th October) the IHD has now been updated with the correct tariff and is working as it should. My thanks again.