Solved

How do I find out my day/night meter reading on a Liberty 110 Secure smart meter?

• 8 January 2018
  • 8 replies

I can get the number of units consumed but not have not yet been able to find a meter reading for the day units and the nights units? Also what is the time that the low rate units start and stop?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 16 January 2018, 16:33

View original

8 replies

I would like to know this as well.

Just in case I decide to switch and my smart meter becomes a thick meter (Martin Lewis money savings expert phrase, which I quite like)
Userlevel 5
I can get the number of units consumed but not have not yet been able to find a meter reading for the day units and the nights units? Also what is the time that the low rate units start and stop?

Hey @rhstyle and @MikeWilliams!

If you've got an OVO smart meter on Economy 7, you need to press button 6 on the keypad of the electricity meter to bring up your readings. It will display as 'RO1' and 'RO2' (rate 1 and rate 2). Ironically, RO1 is actually the off-peak (night) rate, and RO2 is the peak (day).

Your off-peak rate will either be 00:00 to 07:00, or 00:30 to 07:30. If you'd like one of the forum mods to check which one it is, leave a comment on this topic and we'll get back to you: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/our-plans-and-pricing-31/so-your-economy-7-meter-gives-you-off-peak-cheap-electricity-but-when-is-it-cheapest-42.

Cheers,
Nancy
We got an Economy 7 smart meter just before Christmas. The smart meter sent off the readings on the 29th of December but we're due to send a reading tomorrow.
However I cannot see R01 or R02 on our smart meter. I've cycled through the options on button 6. Am I missing something really obvious?!
Userlevel 5
We got an Economy 7 smart meter just before Christmas. The smart meter sent off the readings on the 29th of December but we're due to send a reading tomorrow.
However I cannot see R01 or R02 on our smart meter. I've cycled through the options on button 6. Am I missing something really obvious?!

Hey @Alic94,

That's odd - has it definitely been set up as an Economy 7 smart meter? You can check this by pressing button 9. If this shows a screen saying IMP KWH and then displays a 7 digit reading, this means it's been set up as a single rate.

Nancy
Hi Nancy
Thanks for your reply. The smart meter sent off the meter readings on Sunday night but I'd still like to know how to read the meter ourselves.
Tried checking button 6 again and still can't see a screen saying RO1 or RO2. The smart meter sent off day & night readings though. Tried your suggestion of pressing button 9 and I get a screen saying "night" then a screen saying "day" then the screen you said about with a seven digit number before the decimal points.
Is it possible they've changed the software for the Liberty 110 so the wording is different?
Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/12/22 by Emmanuelle_OVO

We’ve installed two slightly different versions of the Secure Liberty SMETS1 meters which means there’s two ways to take your Economy 7 readings depending on your exact meter model.

If you’ve got storage heaters, you’ll likely have a Secure Liberty 110, in which case to take both sets of readings you’ll need to press ‘9’ on the meter’s keypad.

The Secure Liberty 100 was usually installed for members without storage heater. On this meter model you’ll need to press ‘6’ to confirm the Day and Night meter readings (pressing ‘9’ will show the reading if you’re a single rate member with this meter type).

If you’ve had your Economy 7 smart meter installed recently by OVO, it’s likely you’ve got an Aclara S2 smart meters, in which case you can take a manual reading by pressing ‘A’ - 'TOU rate 1' will be the first reading, 'TOU rate 2' will show the rate 2 reading.

You can check the most recent readings that your Smart meters sent to us automatically on the ‘Meter Readings’ page of your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS):

Exact appearance may vary

Worried that your smart meter has lost communication? You can help diagnose this by following the smart meter health check for your meter type below:

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Thank-you. Worth adding these smart meter instructions to your smart meter reading instructions online?
Of course it would be stupid to have the day and night referenced to what is actually on the meter Electricity 1 and Electricity 2. Building a mistake opportunity into the situation is NOT smart!