Solved

Gas meter readings not sending automatically

Userlevel 1

My gas meter hasn’t sent readings since 5th May, was sent an email to do health check and after that I spoke to someone who said it all seemed fine and he pulled a reading up. Next morning no reading had gone through again and when I called was told it looked fine and was back to Coms (whatever that means), how can it be fine if not sent in 5 days, have had to do manually 

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 12 May 2023, 11:47

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Li65sa 

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with the gas readings.

I called was told it looked fine and was back to Coms (whatever that means)

This would mean that the system has confirmed that the meter is in communication with us. 

We don’t have access to accounts here at the Forum so we won’t be able to look into your readings here. 

Have you had a look at your online account to check if the meter readings are showing on there? It will be best to get in touch with the Support Team to discuss the matter as they’ll be able to access your account and look into it for you. I’d also get them to check what the reading schedule is set to, it may be that it is set to monthly readings and if so, that would be why it hasn’t sent another reading since the 5th of May, and would also explain why the system believes the meter is in communication with us. I can’t say that for certain and is just an example of why this may be happening so I would recommend getting in touch with Support. 

Userlevel 1

It’s all ok now, the reading went through this morning so hopefully it will be ok 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Li65sa , the smart meters do drop out of connection occasionally but it is worth keeping a check on your meter readings to prevent estimates being used. 
My meters have been in for over 18 months and I get missed readings from time to time. They do catch up within a few days normally 

Userlevel 1

Not fussing at all just wondering why they weren’t getting sent, smart meters not so smart after all! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not fussing at all just wondering why they weren’t getting sent, smart meters not so smart after all! 

Perhaps just not smart all the time 😁

Userlevel 1

Bit like me lol 

Hi, Had smart meters fitted in August. Electricity readings being sent ok every30 mins as requested. Gas readings (Edited by Mod) and none since october8th.

1. All lights on comms unit behaving correctly
  2. gas and electricity updating on IHD regularly so HAN is ok
  3. Electricity readings going to OVO ok so WAN ok
  4. checked my account, no gas readings stopped on Oct 18th. Then 1 manual on 23rd followed by a smart on Nov1st and6th.Nothing since then.
  5. Emailed OVO but no action so far
  6. is this a DCC fault? Or a comms software fault. It appears all is OK at my end

Gave seen other similar posts but none identical

Any ideas appreciated as would like to keep track of gas usage as promised!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pete528 , do you use any of the authorised third party apps? These would be able to check if the data is getting to the DCC and give you an alternative view - even though the data set is slightly different. 

Gas is often more problematic as it has to signal the comms hub before transfer onwards. The local data can’t always be an indicator of onward data transmission 

Many thanks, 

have tried Bright and this only shows electricity readings. Will investigate your other suggestions

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Many thanks, 

have tried Bright and this only shows electricity readings. Will investigate your other suggestions

I actually use several of the feeds as I prefer some views in certain apps. 
If Bright isn’t seeing your gas, it may be that it isn’t getting through. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Pete528

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I’d advise doing a smart meter health check, so our team can investigate this.