(Dammit, due to a mix of bad luck, confusing UI issues with the zoomed-in responsive page layout, the post-editing time window, and forgetting to select all plus copy before hitting post, I’ve just lost the content of this post now 3 times…. aaarrrgggh)
Forgive me for I have sinned… I used to be a regular on the forums here but haven’t posted in over a year, sorry. Glad to see
TL;DR Like some other posters here, I seem to have lost electric info on our IHD
We’ve had our gas and electric smart meters for a few yeas now, for the last year things have been working fine.
Sometime in the last few months our IHD stopped displaying electric info. The IHD does display info about our current and historic gas usage plus gas meter info, but the gas tariff info is now missing and there’s nothing about the electric supply/usage/meter on it at all any more.
- Installed via OVO a few years ago (not inhereted from previous supplier)
- Gas meter (can’t remember, can’t easily get to it to check right now)
- Aclara SGM1412-B Electric Meter
- Toshiba SKU1 Cellular Hub
- Chameleon IHD3-PPMID in home display
- Website/app seem to be getting frequent usage information uploads from the meters suggesting good meters → hub → DCC → OVO communications
- On the hub, all LEDs except the MESH one flash every 5 seconds -- as they’re supposed to
- Time is always accurate on the IHD whenever I’ve looked
- The signal strength indicator on the IHD is always solid, although not very strong; however, it’s been like that for the past year or so, whilst working fine. Nothing new getting in the way or blocking the signal. No new devices nearby that might interfere etc. For the last couple of days I’ve relocated it nearer to get a better signal, for testing purposes.
- I’ve turned the IHD off for a while (and have done the 10-second reboot thing.)
I’ve already phoned it in to OVO and have received the standard response about it taking up to 45 days to be addressed by the technical crew. Reading others’ experiences with this issue on this forum, I don’t hold out much hope of a fix any time soon. which is a real pain as we’re desperate to start adapting our behaviours to reduce our energy usage which means needing easy access to current usage info.
Is there anything more I can do to help get this fixed?
(I’m a techie with some electronics and lots of computer knowledge. I was asked about becoming a volunteer here in the past but life got in the way unfortunately.)
Best answer by Jess_OVOView original