Pinned Solved

Feed in Tariff (FIT) usage - who to contact if I have a query?

We are new to solar panels and have received only 2 payments so far, very disappointing does anyone else have a problem with how much they are generating and who should I contact!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 29 May 2017, 14:07

We are new to solar panels and have received only 2 payments so far, very disappointing does anyone else have a problem with how much they are generating and who should I contact!

I’m a bit late to the party on this one, @fun2funky

Firstly you’ll need to make sure you have your Feed in Tariff (FIT) arrangement set up with OVO. To get this done, and to confirm the contact details of the FIT team for any queries you have, check out this OVO Answers page here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/whats-a-feed-in-tariff-fit-and-how-do-i-apply.html.

I’d like to make this a go to topic for FIT queries, so I’ve edited the title and added a fews tags to help people find it.

Hope this helps,
Tim
View original

19 replies

3 wrong statements based on deemed export when smart export readings were provided, and acknowledged. The OVO Team have been great on trying to resolve but there seems to be a bit left/right hand communication problems. Any others in same boat?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
3 wrong statements based on deemed export when smart export readings were provided, and acknowledged. The OVO Team have been great on trying to resolve but there seems to be a bit left/right hand communication problems. Any others in same boat?

Hi @NFGoudie

Welcome to the Forum, it's great to hear you've had some great help from the OVO team so far.

When you say there are some communication problems is that between OVO and another company or internal departments at OVO? Depending on which depends on what I will recommend to you. Please do let me know and I'm sure between us on here we can help you move this forward.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @fun2funky welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Whilst I personally don't have solar panels, your topic is a first (I think) here and I'd like to help you move forward,

The first port of call without speaking to OVO is to look at who made the two payments to you that you've received so far. Once you've got the name of the company who've paid you I advise you get in touch with them and ask the to explain the payment structure to you further.

If you don't get anywhere with the above - please do let us know so one of the other forum members or moderators can advise you

Have a lovely weekend
Thanks for replying. My payments have come from OVO should I contact them firstly?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Thanks for replying. My payments have come from OVO should I contact them firstly?

Thanks for posting so quickly,

As you've received payments from OVO they will manage the account: my suggestion is that you contact the OVO customer care team, either by phone or social media (if social media please private message them with your full name, address and OVO account number and a quick summary of your query) and one of them will advise you accordingly.

Please do let us know how you get on 😀
The OVO FIT Team and the department responsible for issuing quarterly payments don't seem to be co-ordinated.

Our Smart Meter was installed during quarter 2 (July-Sept 2017) last year but despite correspondence suggesting that my payments for Oct-Dec and Jan-Mar 2017 would be based on the Smart Meter nothing has happened. Although its is a minor amount it's the principle that I should be being payed what I export. According to the Smart UK literature and correspondence from the FIT team over 6 months that confirmed that this will happen. Over to you. Either I should be getting paid for the Smart export reading or I shouldn't. If I am when will it happen? Neil
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
The OVO FIT Team and the department responsible for issuing quarterly payments don't seem to be co-ordinated.

Our Smart Meter was installed during quarter 2 (July-Sept 2017) last year but despite correspondence suggesting that my payments for Oct-Dec and Jan-Mar 2017 would be based on the Smart Meter nothing has happened. Although its is a minor amount it's the principle that I should be being payed what I export. According to the Smart UK literature and correspondence from the FIT team over 6 months that confirmed that this will happen. Over to you. Either I should be getting paid for the Smart export reading or I shouldn't. If I am when will it happen? Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for confirming this for us.

My suggestion to help get this resolved for you is if you could please click on either @Lucy_OVO @Tim_OVO or @Darran_OVO, then click on send private message - please include your full name, address, OVO account number and a brief summary of what you've put here, they will respond when back in work.

Hopefully once youve PM'd one of the above youre query will be resolved shortly.

Please do let us know how you get on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m a bit late to the party on this one, @fun2funky

Firstly you’ll need to make sure you have your Feed in Tariff (FIT) arrangement set up with OVO. To get this done, and to confirm the contact details of the FIT team for any queries you have, check out this OVO Answers page here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/whats-a-feed-in-tariff-fit-and-how-do-i-apply.html.

I’d like to make this a go to topic for FIT queries, so I’ve edited the title and added a fews tags to help people find it.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @NFGoudie

We'll need to make sure we've got you on the right type of arrangement (the 'metered export') so that we can measure and pay you for what you send to the grid. To get this checked and changed, contact our FIT team directly. More info on the type of arrangements available (and the FIT team's contact details) here:

https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/whats-a-feed-in-tariff-fit-and-how-do-i-apply.html

https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/do-you-have-any-more-info-on-feed-in-tariffs-fits.html

Hope this gets sorted quickly,
Tim
@Lucy_OVO was able to resolve this very successfully via your FIT team. Neil
Thanks I will be chasing them up
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Don't forget to add a profile picture, @NFGoudie @fun2funky - don't be shy! :8
Thanks for the good ideas to bring it. I know a lot more. :)[เอเย่่นต์mega888](http://ufabet88899.com/) :J
Hi,

OVO have been my FIT payment supplier for a few years and following a separation I am trying to get my payments deposited to another bank account. Who do I contact to do this?

Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Take a look at Tim's best answer for more info on this, @EiP! ☺
Hi, I wondered whether it ws possible to see all my FIT activity online, or get copies of all my statements? I am palnning to sell my house and need to prove that I have been receiving the payments.
Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @lynnechapman - I've moved your post onto this main topic about FIT, you should be able to find the info you need here 🙂
Thanks Nancy but I don't see an answer to my query on here?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Sorry to hear that, @lynnechapman, please send us a message on Facebookor Twitter with your full name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, you can email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks!