Solved

Switched to OVO for Charge Anytime - setting up my VW id4 but website says it's not compatible?

Badge

So I have just moved to ovo to make use of your charge anytime tariff. I choose the charge any time add on and go through the steps of identifying my VW id4 (version 3.2 software) and then the ovo website tells me my car isn’t compatible even though it is on the list of compatible cars?! 

Any thoughts

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 30 May 2023, 12:18

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

I’ve asked the moderators for an update. What charger do you have?

Badge

I have a Hypervolt charger. Although the blurb says I only need a compatible car or charger not both. 

thanks for the reply

Userlevel 7

Hey @markvwid4,

That sounds frustrating! 

You advised you’ve just moved to OVO, could it be that we aren’t yet in communication with your smart meters? Have you contacted smarthome@ovoenergy.com? 

Badge

Yes I have. No reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes I have. No reply

@markvwid4 

Can you see 30min readings on this page?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/usage?datePeriod=daily&unit=kwh

Typically you need to wait 4 to 6 weeks after switching, has it been longer?

Badge

No I’ve just selected it to be enabled. I thought it did it by default when you select a smart meter at sign up ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 15/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Can you see 30min readings on this page?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/usage?datePeriod=daily&unit=kwh

Typically you need to wait 4 to 6 weeks after switching, has it been longer?

No I’ve just selected it to be enabled. I thought it did it by default when you select a smart meter at sign up ?

If you can't yet see the 30min readings on the usage page it means ovo can't read your meter yet. It should happen automatically within 6 weeks. So you can't yet sign up to Anytime if you can't see the readings. 

If that is still the case after 6 weeks then phone up OVO and report it. 

Badge

Ok thank you for your reply. I was hoping for a more instant switch but the course of Ev driving is never smooth. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ok thank you for your reply. I was hoping for a more instant switch but the course of Ev driving is never smooth. 

Also worth keeping an eye out for this page

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

At some point you should see a daily reading every day with the word smart next to it

This is different data to the 30min data on the usage page (the 30min data on the usage page isn't added up to make the daily data on the readings page) 

Userlevel 7

@markvwid4 I’ve been advised that a smart meter not in communication with OVO shouldn’t be the cause of you seeing this error message. 

With that in mind, there may be something else. Can you email the Smart Home team from the same email address as your OVO account and send them a link to this topic?

If you keep us updated it will help anyone else seeing the same error...

Userlevel 7

Just sharing a recent workaround for this from @markvwid4 themselves:

I have solved this issue.

Step 1. ignore the OVO website.

Step 2. download the app

Step 3. Sign up and it will work with the VW.id4

The error is on the OVO website where you select the dropdown boxes. not the actual system or app. 

Userlevel 7

Maybe we should consider an update to the best answer...