Solved

Charge Anytime - Says my car is not at home when it is!

• 4 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve set up Charge Anytime account and put my house on the map during set up. My car is on the drive charging now but app is saying it is not at home (so it charges as soon as I plug in).

There are no settings option in the app to adjust things like my location??

Anything I can do?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 March 2023, 16:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 15/01/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO: 

Please contact the smart home support at chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com after a few days of the email receipt you should get a message to say they will send a prompt to the app to reset home address. When you open the app again it should prompt you to set your home location. 

Userlevel 7

Sounds like you might want to have a word with the Smart Home Team for this one. Could you send them an email? smarthome@ovoenergy.com .

They can fix this for you.

Good advice above @Gary Alford ^^^

In the meantime I’ll also raise this with the team. 

Gary can you keep us updated on this in case others are affected? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have raised it with support via email and await response. I suspect I will need to delete my account and set it up again as I incorrectly set my home address on the map by a few houses (it is tricky dragging the blob to the correct spot on a vague map. Shame it cannot be edited in the app after setting up as there are no options to change settings other than ‘% charge’ and ‘ready by’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Support can probably fix that one from their end. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hope so, still waiting! Response from support today and for some reason they presumed I was using a 3 pin plug and therefore that is why not working and they cannot help!

I just need to have another go on the map that appears during setup!

I’ll give it a couple more days to see if any further response then try deleting the account and setting up a new one?

Userlevel 7

Was that to smarthome@ovoenergy.com@Gary Alford

If it was them, I’ll raise it on your behalf. Just quickly, is your forum email address the same one as your OVO account? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Tim, I’ve sent you a message with all my account details. Would appreciate your help as no reply yet from customer support at the above email address apart from a message yesterday to say they don’t support 3 pin plugs which isn’t relevant to me, I did reply to explain I’m using a dedicated EV charger, I know they may be very busy though.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just to update the support team came through. They remotely sent a prompt at opening the app to reset my home address and all seems to be working perfectly now! Car currently plugged in, at home, delayed charge til 10pm set by app.

With regards to the map it was tricky to set the home. It doesn’t show any houses on my road and I live on a long straight road. When I reset the home address I used google maps satellite view to find my house then aligned the in-app map to exactly my driveway location!!