Solved

Refund for an old meter

• 5 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Good Afternoon.

Shortly before I got my old electricity meter replaced by a smart one, I topped it up with 10£. 

I now have the smart meter running ok, but I just would like to know: is there a way that I can get that 10£ credit for the new smart one? I still have the old top up key, and the receipt.

Could anyone let me know how I go about doing that?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 5 November 2023, 13:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Cid296 ,

Yup, that should be possible - please keep that receipt and the key during the entire process as it’ll make the task easier. The easiest option will be for OVO to just issue a cash refund for the credit currently on the key and old meter, which you can then use to top-up the new meter if you want to or just leave it in the bank. OVO might also be able to issue a remote credit to the Smart Meter, but I’d say a cash refund is more likely.

If your request matches up with the Engineers Report, getting that refund approved shouldn’t be too tricky.

If you’d like OVO to do that, please let the Support Team know. Live Chat will be easiest for this and you can reach that via https://ovoenergy.com/help . Tell them what you’ve told me and they’ll be able to advise on what to do next.

Just so you know, getting that refund may take a few weeks.

Hey Blastoise,

I actually thought about that, but the people of the Live Chat at OVO are always hurrying you up to end the conversation because they want to move on to the next costumer.

But yes, thank you, I will do just that.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not with me they don’t.

I randomly test them both as myself and anonymously. To date, I’ve not noticed that behaviour from any agents.

Well, that was my experience anyway, the 2 or 3 times I spoke to them.

One of them explicitly said “Sir, this is taking too long and it’s holding up the queue.”

But maybe I was just unlucky and got people in a bad mood, or they were just really busy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm… That’s weird. I don’t think they’re supposed to do that.

I’ll feed that back to the Forum Moderators though. They might be able to ask for that sort of thing to be looked into.

Thanks for your help, mate. Appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for your help, mate. Appreciate it.

Hi @Cid296 Have you had your refund yet?