Solved

Newly activated Pay as you Go meter top ups won't work?

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, this morning I spoke to a member of the pay as you go team to make the switch which they completed. I have since tried topping up on the app but nothing went onto my meter,I even tried topping up manually with the top up code but nothing. I called the team and they said it could take 24 hours to activate however my smart meter already sais it’s on prepaid mode…any help would be appreciated

seb

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 16 August 2023, 15:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The easiest way is via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help .

If you still get stuck after giving that a go, please stop by here again.

Userlevel 1

I have new traditional PAYGO meter and key.  My paypoint receipt shows correct account number and serial number and the amount bought.  When I put in meter it only shows existing balance and does not register top ups.  Please help.  Patricia B

Userlevel 7

Hey @BayleyP,

Sorry to hear this, I’ve seen a couple of similar topics today. I wonder if there’s an issue with paypoint? I’ll raise this internally incase it’s a wider issue. 

If you’ve tried to top up a traditional meter but the credit hasn’t gone on, you may need to use the UTRN Code on the receipt to put the top-up through the meter manually. 

If you go off supply and are unable to top up the support team will need to book in an emergency meter exchange, you should be able to request a smart meter.

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost