Solved

Meter saying 'Call Help'- Off supply on a Sunday

• 22 October 2023
  • 6 replies

tried tobregister new ovo card on gas meter, came up with CALL HELP….I did this at 11.35am only to be told I had to wait till my credit went down to 99p, rang again at 2pm they said an engineer would be out in 4 hours, now 9.15pm no engineer or call, no heating can't make hot food, breathing is suffering,  no priority number to call, have emailed complaining to them, no doubt like today will be fobbed off, think its disgusting you can't get a human on a Sunday night

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 22 October 2023, 22:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Unfortunately, gas emergency response is basically closed on a Sunday night right now across the entire market - there’s almost no supplier that will respond at this hour. This will change as of December this year however.

I can only take a wild guess as to what happened to the meter. Either you may have accidentally damaged the card slot, or there’s an unrecoverable fault that’s not related to you using a new card that triggered at the same time. Either way, that meter will likely need to be replaced.

I have flagged your thread for the moderators to stop by ASAP in the morning. However, I strongly encourage you to continue to try getting help on your own as well.

Furthermore, if you’re vulnerable, then Pay As You Go is NOT suitable for you. I strongly recommend you swap over to Pay Monthly to avoid this kind of issue.

Unfortunately, gas emergency response is basically closed on a Sunday night right now across the entire market - there’s almost no supplier that will respond at this hour. This will change as of December this year however.

I can only take a wild guess as to what happened to the meter. Either you may have accidentally damaged the card slot, or there’s an unrecoverable fault that’s not related to you using a new card that triggered at the same time. Either way, that meter will likely need to be replaced.

I have flagged your thread for the moderators to stop by ASAP in the morning. However, I strongly encourage you to continue to try getting help on your own as well.

Furthermore, if you’re vulnerable, then Pay As You Go is NOT suitable for you. I strongly recommend you swap over to Pay Monthly to avoid this kind of issue.

meter was working fine prior to putting in new key, it beeped when inserted , then message appeared at bottom,  can still press button A and B to watch credit running out and to see meter reading

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

In that case… It’s most likely a matter of a damaged card slot. At least, that’s the best diagnosis I can think of...

thanks for reply, will now have to wait and call them in morning to report  a no show engineer

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

thanks for reply, will now have to wait and call them in morning to report  a no show engineer

You are entitled to ÂŁ30 for each missed appointment and another ÂŁ30 if ovo don't pay within 10 working days.

So ask for compensation if you are not automatically offered when you speak to ovo

Userlevel 6

Hi @weedug 

Really sorry to hear about this.

Have you spoken with the Support Team this morning to re-schedule this?

Also some good advice from Jeffus;

You are entitled to ÂŁ30 for each missed appointment and another ÂŁ30 if ovo don't pay within 10 working days.

So ask for compensation if you are not automatically offered when you speak to ovo

Let us know how you get on today.