Solved

MDS engineer didn't turn up- Who do I contact out of hours?

• 6 September 2023
  • 13 replies

Had an emergency appointment booked in for tonight between 7-10pm to sort my meter as it won’t turn back on so completely without power and guess what never bothered showing up and I’m still without power and I can’t even contact anyone! 7 hours no power food is spoiling as we speak and they were aware I’ve 2 disabled children and needed to be put back on asap! Ovo girls were wonderful, has anyone else had this from mds or know how I can contact them out of hours!! 

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 6 September 2023, 09:59

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid you can’t talk to MDS or SMS. You need to go via the supplier.

Userlevel 6

Updated on 21/09/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

If you need to contact the team on a Sunday, our Social team is able to support you. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter from 9am - 5pm. This team is also able to schedule an emergency meter appointment if needed. More info on what to do in an emergency here.

Hi @charlie21 

I’m really sorry to hear about this, that’s not what we want to here at all.

Like Blastoise186 mentioned you’ll need to go back through the supplier to rebook a new appointment today. They should be there within 3 hours for an emergency during the week, and within 4 hours on weekends and bank holidays. 

If you’re with OVO Pay as you Go you can contact the team on 0330 175 9669 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm on 0330 175 9669, or on webchat Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

If it’s under the BOOST branch, you can contact their team on 0330 102 7517, hello@boostpower.co.uk or facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ Mon-Fri: 08:00-18:00 & Sat: 09:00-17:00.

It may be worth making a change to pay monthly under these circumstances which would help prevent you from going off supply due to a number of reasons with the pay as you go meter. 

I’d also recommend joining the Priority Services Register if you’re not already on it. You can fill out the form here, or check out more on the webpage here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/article/priority-services-register.

Tues 9 January.
Supposed to be engineer here by 8.36, booked at 5.30. Gas supply failed. No one turned up. No heating, no hot water. Can’t contact anyone at OVO. IM 75, my husband 80 and we’re both recovering from colds so this isn’t ideal. There should be a way to contact someone. OVO should have given us a contact number when they booked engineer. And we’re on the at risk register. Appalling 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Tues 9 January.
Supposed to be engineer here by 8.36, booked at 5.30. Gas supply failed. No one turned up. No heating, no hot water. Can’t contact anyone at OVO. IM 75, my husband 80 and we’re both recovering from colds so this isn’t ideal. There should be a way to contact someone. OVO should have given us a contact number when they booked engineer. And we’re on the at risk register. Appalling 

@Jojojo

Try clicking on the blue  button message icon on the bottom of the screen. You may be lucky and one of the social media team may pick up the message.

I’ve already left message on FB messenger, same reply, no one there until 8pm. Think we’ll give up now and go to bed, at least we can have the electric blanket on

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve already left message on FB messenger, same reply, no one there until 8pm. Think we’ll give up now and go to bed, at least we can have the electric blanket on

Yep. They sometimes pickup the messages and act on them before 8am if you have left your details and say you need an emergency meter replacement because the engineer didn't turn up.

You have done all you can tonight

Userlevel 6

Hi @Jojojo 

Sorry to hear about this.

If an engineer didn’t arrive last night, and you’ve not heard from the Support Team again this morning, please get in touch with the team as soon as possible so they can get this sorted out.

Keep us updated with how you get on today.

Had to go through whole chat process again this morning. Engineer rebooked and had phoned to say he’s on his way. 

He’s just arrived.  Apparently batteries don’t last long and he doesn’t have spare so will replace with second generation which doesn’t send signals. I’ve then got to contact OVO to arrange appointments to get it all swapped over. Really not acceptable 

Userlevel 6

Hi @Jojojo 

Sorry to hear about this.

The second generation meters are the only ones being fitted, so I’m unsure why this would need replaced again if they already exchanged this for a second generation yesterday. The main reason we’d see a second generation meter not communicating is if both meters were the first generation, and only the gas has been exchanged for a second generation meter, but the electric is still first generation - in this case, the electric meter needs to be upgraded to match the second generation gas meter in order for that one to communicate.

As we don’t have access to accounts here on the Forum, you’ll be best to get in touch with the Support Team who’ll get a job report from the engineer that should explain this further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

He’s just arrived.  Apparently batteries don’t last long and he doesn’t have spare so will replace with second generation which doesn’t send signals. I’ve then got to contact OVO to arrange appointments to get it all swapped over. Really not acceptable 

HI @Jojojo 

As the previous engineer didn't turn up you are automatically entitled to £30 compensation under the law.

Ideally this should have been offered when you re booked.

Also if the compensation isn't paid within 10 working days of the event then you are entitled to another £30 under the law.

If this hasn't been offered I suggest you contact ovo again. It will go some way to cover the food.

If ovo refuse to pay the compensation come back to the forum so the ovo moderators can be made aware.

You can post a review on Trustpilot if you like

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ovoenergy.com

Have made appointment to have electric meter upgraded. Why is this so complicated? OVO don’t make things easy. And I was lied to on my first contact when I was told engineer was booked for that evening… there were non available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have made appointment to have electric meter upgraded. Why is this so complicated? OVO don’t make things easy. And I was lied to on my first contact when I was told engineer was booked for that evening… there were non available. 

There have been examples like that posted before on the forum where ovo customer service staff book appointments but the Meyer engineering company say there were never any available.

It is difficult to know what to believe in these cases.