Solved

I'm on pay as you go, do I get any bill summaries?

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I am a pay as you go customer (PAYG) who was an SSE customer. SSE used to send out a statement every 3 months showing usage and costs. I got changed over 8 months ago and can't get a billing statement sent out to me? I am told look at the app but the app is only for D/D customers so no billing info is available to download for PAYG customers, why?

We all pay for our energy so why can't PAYG customers get billing statements sent to them?

Customer service send me on a merry-go-round with no ability to assist and the Web site does not offer this service 'O' but they do for D/D customers are payg customers less important OVO energy? 

Sort out your app that allows PAYG customers the same service as DD customers, SSE offered this service via their app why can't OVO offer the same???

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 5 December 2023, 10:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Geminijoe0 

As you’re on Pay as you go, we don’t send out frequent bills, but you will get an annual statement to show all top ups and usage throughout the year.

As you pay for your energy in advance, you don’t receive a monthly bill as you don’t have the same billing as those on pay monthly, and so you don’t get billed as you don’t have a bill to pay each month.

The OVO Energy top up app is a different app from the my OVO app, this is for different customer bases, that require different uses.

I’ve linked below to a Pay as you go topics that may be helpful for you, along with the Pay as you go FAQs on the website:

https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/category/pay-as-you-go/faqs

If you wish to start getting monthly statements, you’ll need to change from Pay as you Go, to Pay Monthly, where you’ll start to be billed for your energy and then receive those bills. Check out this topic for more on how to do that.

Hello OVO Team.

Why is it that OVO don't send bills info, or usage summary to PAYG customers. Use to be with SSE who sends bills summary after every 3 months to PAYG customers but OVO don't offer the same service. I have not received any bill summary or usage information from OVO since over 6 months I joined. Read from the forum OVO send out bill statement to PAYG customer on annual basis. To me thats quite a long period. Why not at most quarterly. Meanwhile, I'd prefer the PAYG to switching to Pay monthly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Good morning @Felagot ,

Please be advised that the OVO Forum is powered and patrolled by Forum Volunteers rather than OVO Staff. If you specifically need to talk to OVO Staff, please head over to https://ovoenergy.com/help .

Annual statements is the industry norm for PAYG customers I’m afraid. If you want them to come more often, you need to be on PAYM. The reason for this is to comply with industry rules that PAYG statements must be sent at least once a year. However, it’s not particularly efficient to send them more often - and the data just isn’t there half the time to do so, especially with key/card based meters.

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely to change unless the industry rules get changed.