Solved

Why am I still waiting for my tech issue to be resolved? I'm not receiving bills and can't access my account!

• Carbon Cutter****
  • 10 replies

I am at my wits end. I have spent several hours and complained several times about this. I do not know what else I am meant to do.

Around October 2021, the accounts “were updated”. This kicked me out of my account and every time I try to log in it states “oops! Something is wrong”. I was assured in December that the case was a priority and would be sorted in 45 days and I would be kept informed. Obviously that was nonsense and I discovered through yet another call to ovo that no such case had been raised. I am also not receiving any bills. Seriously, how long does it take to fix such a simple issue? On top of this, not one of my formal complaints has been responded to. Absolute farce. 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 3 March 2022, 14:01

View original

42 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 18/09/23 by Abby_OVO

I’m really sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had with your account and the difficulty you’ve had when raising this one to our Support Team@TH3.

As it sounds like there could be an account-specific technical issue which is preventing you from accessing your online account or receiving monthly bills, this should’ve been raised to our Tech team for a full investigation. It’s really disappointing to hear that the correct process may not have been followed when you originally reported the issue and I appreciate the frustration this has caused.

We’d usually expect you to receive a response to any complaint raised via email or our online complaints form within 5 days so I’d like to follow this up for you. I’ve sent you a Private Message requesting some account details so I can forward these on to the team.

I hope we can get this one resolved for you.

I just want to add that although Jess has helped, in no way is this solved. I am 5 months without my account now. 

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry to hear this technical issue is still unresolved, @TH3.

I’ve just sent you a Private Message to outline the current status of the issue and a possible next step.

I hope this is helpful in getting things sorted soon.

I just want to let you know you’re not the only one, I haven’t been able to log in since the start of November either. Attempting to log in just comes up with “Oops! It looks like we need to fix something...”. I’ve spent hours on live chat/emailing trying to get a response and repeatedly just get “It’s going to take up to 45 days”, or as of today “We have no eta, but it is in progress”.

I’ve sent the live chat people my meter readings, which they’ve responded with they can do nothing with them, I’ve emailed the tech team with all of my details to which I’ve received absolutely not response, and I’ve also sent my serial numbers of my meters back at the start of Feb (because apparently they had been lost from the system), and funnily enough I’ve had no response once again. They’re more than happy to increase my direct debit though.

This is absolutely ridiculous and this company don’t have any respect for this farce of a company - will definitely never be using them again.

I have exactly the same problem as TH3 and stent83. I’ve had no access to my online account this calendar year and have received no update from support other than it’s in progress with the Tech team, despite multiple emails/live chat messages on this topic.

The radio silence on this is extremely disappointing, and it’s totally unacceptable that I have no access to bills and can’t submit meter readings. I’m waiting until the end of April before switching providers in case somebody finally deals with this issue, but sadly am not holding my breath.

Hi @bndougal and @stent83 , thanks, its actually nice to know that I am not the only one utterly fed up of this situation. I have probably never had such bad customer service to be honest. Ive made several complaints, have had a case open now for weeks and yet i have no response at all. Its a farce and the next step is ofgem. I have now started a separate savings account to prepare for the bill that is likely coming my way (who knows when!). 

Some of the tech team are comically bad. Not just rude but arrogant and couldnt care less about the issue. I am wondering what would happen if i just change my provider now. I bet that would get a response. I really dont know why this thread has been “SOLVED”. Clearly is not and dont expect it to be anytime soon. Good luck anyway….

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear your accounts have also been affected by a technical issue, @stent83 and @bndougal.

I appreciate that you’ve been waiting some time to have these issues resolved and the growing frustration the lack of an update is causing. Whilst we’re not able to guarantee a time-frame for completion with technical cases such as yours, I’d like to check the status of any cases you’ve got raised on your accounts.

I’ll be arranging for us to collect your account details via a private message here. To access your forum inbox you’ll need to head to your forum profile menu in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

I hope we’re able to shed some light on things for you both.

@TH3@bndougal 

Just thought I’d pipe up again with updates for the good of everyone reading this thread without an account (I’m sure that you guys have had exactly the same PM response from the support team that I have had, so doubt this will be news to you).

“Unfortunately, the issue isn't something that's easily fixed, and whilst it has been raised with the relevant team, we're unable to provide a timeframe as to when this will be.“

This is the PM that I have just received from the forum support, so I guess nothing is actually being worked on to fix the issue (does make me wonder what exactly their technical team is actually doing honestly). I have been asked if I want to raise a complaint, which I will 100% be doing, but have been told that there is no chance that my online account will be made active again within any sort of timescale. Does make me wonder what the point really is then, and if my lack of responses to my emails is anything to go off of then it is pointless, but oh well.

At my wits end with this, and if they think that they are going to increase my direct debit again with the tariff changes this month then they can think again. Absolutely ridiculous.

Also does make me laugh that this thread is still marked as ‘Solved’. I guess we know that they’re not going to bother fixing the issue, so maybe technically the initial query by @TH3 has been solved.

@TH3@bndougal 

Just thought I’d pipe up again with updates for the good of everyone reading this thread without an account (I’m sure that you guys have had exactly the same PM response from the support team that I have had, so doubt this will be news to you).

“Unfortunately, the issue isn't something that's easily fixed, and whilst it has been raised with the relevant team, we're unable to provide a timeframe as to when this will be.“

This is the PM that I have just received from the forum support, so I guess nothing is actually being worked on to fix the issue (does make me wonder what exactly their technical team is actually doing honestly). I have been asked if I want to raise a complaint, which I will 100% be doing, but have been told that there is no chance that my online account will be made active again within any sort of timescale. Does make me wonder what the point really is then, and if my lack of responses to my emails is anything to go off of then it is pointless, but oh well.

At my wits end with this, and if they think that they are going to increase my direct debit again with the tariff changes this month then they can think again. Absolutely ridiculous.

Also does make me laugh that this thread is still marked as ‘Solved’. I guess we know that they’re not going to bother fixing the issue, so maybe technically the initial query by @TH3 has been solved.

I understand your pain! To be honest I have made several formal complaints to Ovo and received zero response.  Just to make this whole absurd situation more ridiculous, I received a letter yesterday from Ovo that was addressed to the person who lived at my property (THREE YEARS AGO) thanking them for moving over to Ovo. Whats funnier is that the address on the letter and the address in the body of the letter are different. You have to laugh. Its like the whole place has fallen apart. Good luck. Stay strong!

@TH3 @stent83 

You’re both probably aware of this already, but if 8 weeks have elapsed since you made your formal complaint with no deadlock letter (or response at all!) you can escalate to the ombudsman at https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

I was forced to do this in a similar situation years ago when a major phone/broadband provider inadvertently deleted my account and couldn’t deal with any of my queries. I ended up receiving some compensation and the matter was resolved relatively soon after the ombudsman got involved - although definitely didn’t compensate for all the time spent chasing!  

@TH3 @stent83 

You’re both probably aware of this already, but if 8 weeks have elapsed since you made your formal complaint with no deadlock letter (or response at all!) you can escalate to the ombudsman at https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

I was forced to do this in a similar situation years ago when a major phone/broadband provider inadvertently deleted my account and couldn’t deal with any of my queries. I ended up receiving some compensation and the matter was resolved relatively soon after the ombudsman got involved - although definitely didn’t compensate for all the time spent chasing!  

Sadly I haven’t made a formal complaint until now, never really thought it’d get to this point if I’m honest. Thanks for the info though! Will have to remember to escalate it in 8 weeks when we’re still in the same boat lol

I just wanted to add that I have had the exact same problem. I've never had a response to any complaint. Apart from I will be added to a spreadsheet with all the others that are in the same position. 

I am having exactly the same problem. Online chat - never get a response. Phone - after 45mins told the same thing (we’re working on it). Got an email saying I could send them my meter meter readings. No acknowledgment of email.

Meanwhile they are sending me emails telling my DD is going up.

complaint then ombudsman after 8weeks seems the way to go

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear you’re also experiencing a technical issue with your account, @thowen273.

If this has been raised to our Support Team, an internal tech case should be raised. Unfortunately due to the complexity of such issues and the manual process required to fix them, we’re not able to confirm a time-frame for completion but I appreciate the frustration this has caused in the meantime.

As you mention trying to reach the team, our usual email response time is 5 working days but our live chat option should be the quickest way to get in touch. Whilst these contact channels are closed over the bank holiday, the usual opening hours are 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday.

I hope the Support Team are able to check the status of your tech case and log the issue as a formal complaint for you. You can see our full complaints procedure here.

Thanks Jess_OVO

Email sent 07/04 - no response 

Live chat - I’ve sat watching an empty screen for over 45mins without a reply

But still receiving emails about my Direct Debit going up that doesn’t take into account any recent readings

Complaint lodged yesterday and Ombudsman in 8 weeks

Thanks

Tom

I’m in exactly the same position as all of you. 

I moved into my new home in November and I’m still unable to access my account.

I first lodged a complaint in March so its now with the Ombudsman. I’ll try and update how I get on. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @jamie_8,

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve had getting your account set-up following your house move. This isn’t what we’d expect during the usual ‘Change of Tenancy’ process so I’m wondering whether the account had recently transferred over leading to a technical issue with the new account. Unfortunately without access to your account here we’re not able to determine exactly what might be behind these issues but want to reassure you that if you’ve moved in to a house that we supply you’d certainly be eligible to set-up an account on our variable tariff (known as the Simpler Energy plan).

I appreciate that you’ve already spent some time on the phone trying to get things sorted, and have already raised the issues as a formal complaint. Our dedicated complaints team should work with you to get things resolved or advise of the process of referring this to the energy ombudsman if things aren’t sorted within 8 weeks of you getting in touch. 

Once again, I’m really sorry it’s not been a smooth journey getting things up and running and hope the team can put things right quickly for you.  

Hi Jess,

Thanks for replying.

It’s with the energy ombudsman now so hopefully it will be resolved soon but I’m not getting my hopes up.

The most annoying thing is that nobody will tell me if I owe anything on my account, which in the current climate is very stressful. 

Jamie 

I’m somewhat relieved to find this isn’t just me! Since November no online access and no statements sent. Ovo told me they are holding my direct debits as credit until my account is sorted. That can’t be right! I have today put in a complaint to the Ombudsman as no one at Ovo has been able to help despite repeated requests.

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry to hear your account has also been affected by a technical issue, @Leaho.

We’d recommend continuing your Direct Debit payments as usual, as these payments will be ready to cover your energy costs once the issue is resolved. That said it’s understandably concerning if you’ve not been receiving statements and I appreciate the frustration that this lack of account access can cause.

As you mention taking the issue to the energy ombudsman it’s worth checking that you’ve raised a formal complaint with our Support Team first. The ombudsman will usually advise you to contact us to try to get things resolved with us directly. If we haven’t reached a solution you’re happy with within 8 weeks, we’ll then explain the process for escalating the complaint to the energy ombudsman for independent review. 

I hope the helps get things back on track.

Has anybody had any issues regarding ovo not setting your account up so that you can't access your account and every time you phone them you get put on hold then cut off its a joke they don't seem to help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Robb28 ,

You might want to try the Web Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com as it tends to get you through a lot faster than any other method. There were also some phone system issues yesterday but the community moderators have informed me those issues should now be resolved.

Hope this helps.

Same issue here, any idea how to solve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve had trouble getting a new account created for my rental property (I’m the landlord). Turned out it was previously on the old billing system (which is called Apollo!) so the new account didn’t work. Not sure if that’s going to be the reason for other people’s problems, but it may be worth asking ??

Today when I phoned I waited a while in the queue, they answered just as I was going to give up. Previously instead of waiting I was asked if I wanted a call back - I tried that and got a call back really quickly. 

I am waiting for online access to my account, even after 1 year of transferring from SSE to OVO. The so called ADVANCED tech team has no clue on any kind of resolution. They have been saying taht they are still looking at the problem….not sure if it is likely to be resolved at all.

Any sugggestions, pls let me know.