Solved

OVO have lost my payment!?

• 25 December 2022
  • 17 replies

OVO have lost my payment. 

I sent proof of payment ie bank statement showing payment

It has now been over 6 weeks and they have not replied nor credited me with my payment 

Operator online assured me payment would show on my account in 5 days.  That was two weeks ago

£97.19 is a substantial amount to lose and I (who can) cannot afford to cover this 

Please help find this money. And credit my account please !!!!

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 28 December 2022, 12:33

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

This is probably a question that the Collections Team can help with. Give 0800 069 9831 a call in the new year. If you’d rather speak to Support instead, it’ll be 0330 303 5063 or https://help.ovoenergy.com .

We can’t access accounts from here as forum volunteers.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 29/01/24 by Abby_OVO

Hey @SuShiKA11,

That does seem like a very long timeframe, It shouldn’t take that long. I’m sorry for the issues you’re having. 

When a payment is missing a ‘payment allocation’ is raised to our team. They require the following information to locate the payment: 

1. Date and amount of payment(s)

2. Method/type of payment(s) and any possible reference 

By method/type of payment we mean:

• Direct Debit (DD) and DD reference as shown on the bank statement, sort code, last four digits of the account
  • BACS (bank transfer) such as one time payment order, standing order, payment plan (sort code and last four digits of bank account) and any reference that was used for the payment

Or Card Payment:

• - Card payment made over the phone through the automated phone line and last four digits of the card
  • - Card payment made over the phone with agent and last four digits of the card
  • - Card payment made through the app and last four digits of the card

Other types of payment may include Paypoint.

We need to know the payment method used and all the information on any reference and card number.

3. Proof of payment - screenshot of the bank statement or receipt.

Providing only the statement is not sufficient information for our team to be able to find the payment, as it's not clear from the statement what method/type of payment was used. That is why we also need the above information.

I’d contact our Support Team again with the above information for an update.

I hope this helps. 

I've already sent all that.  But OVO are asking me to resend as they have also lost my proof of payment.  Along with my Payment!! 

Userlevel 7

Hey @SuShiKA11,

That’s not a good customer experience, I’m sorry to hear that.

How did you send it? As the hello@ovo email address isn’t in use currently. The best way to do so would be by using web messenger, that way the agent can attach the documents straight to your account. 

If you did email them from the email address registered to your account they should be able to find the document by searching your email address in our system, if it didn’t bounce back.

Hope this helps. 

This is a similar problem that I have too , moved over to OVO on the 15th and my direct debit (still named SSE left my bank on the 16th) no one seems to know where my money is 😏 I was told that it would automatically go to OVO by an OVO rep…but I can’t see it on account 

Recently move in to a new property (19.12.22) & paid an OVO bill before setting up an account when the bill was addressed to ‘The Occupier’. Paid 02.02.2023. 
Set up an account this morning & have been advised the payment was unnecessary and need to contact bank for a refund as the funds cannot be taken off my account. I cannot see why OVO cannot issue me with a refund - Can anybody advise? Thanks.  

Userlevel 7

Hey @JSquibb,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

There is another option, you can send in proof of payment via web messenger. This can then be raised to our payments team to locate the payment you’ve made and transfer it to the OVO account in your name. The reason we can’t simply refund a payment made on an occupier account is because there wouldn’t be a direct debit set up on that account and we’d have no way of telling who made the payment.

Or, you can file an indemnity claim with your bank and they can refund this payment into your bank account. 

Hope this helps. 

Having the same issue here. Have just spent almost two hours trying to get through to someone via app, website, and phone. I never even wanted to be with OVO, we got transferred from SSE and mysteriously the January payment appears to have faded into the ether although I can see it left my bank account on the 30th of that month. I’m perfectly happy to provide proof of that payment and take whatever Ofgem/legal steps I need to, but without being able to get through to the right department at OVO to supply that proof it’s all turning out to be ever so slightly difficult. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @spikycat ,

Did the January payment say OVO or SSE on it?

SSE. Earlier payments appear to have been credited to OVO though, which is part of the mystery. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s possible they’ve not been swept across yet. I’d recommend getting Support to chase this up.

Is there not another way I can get in contact with the payment team without going through web messenger? I am always stuck on hold or waiting ages to get hold of anyone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Is there not another way I can get in contact with the payment team without going through web messenger? I am always stuck on hold or waiting ages to get hold of anyone. 

Have you tried the collections number

0800 0699 831

Thanks for the moral support, I did get through to someone eventually but it took around four hours - not impressed with customer service, though I have every sympathy for the poor people on the end of the phone having to deal with what are presumably senior management decisions about staffing levels. Fingers crossed it’ll get sorted now, anyway, and good to know there’s a bit of support here. 

Hi l accidentally made a payment using a bank transfer l stupidly forgot to put any reference. I raised it with OVO who wanted proof of the payment which l provided using my bank statement. Ovo acknowledged the evidence l haven't heard anything since.ln the meantime my £28 is floating around somewhere in OVO land 

What do l do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hang in there - manual fixes for this take time due to the huge volume of transactions OVO deals with.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Y922 

Did the team get this one sorted for you in the end? Like Blastoise mentioned, the teams do these manually, and there can be high volumes to get through, so if it’s not been fixed, just check in with the Support Team, and let us know how you’ve got on.