F.A.Q.

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

Show first post

264 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

In that case, the suggestion you desire has already been completed - use the instructions I previously mentioned.

The USAGE Tab uses data directly from the meters and - in-line with basically every supplier ever - OVO just presents it as-is in a normal monthly calendar basis. Making it start mid-month satisfies the desire of only a handful of people to the detriment of everyone else.

It’s not that it’s too difficult to do, more that it’d just become worthless feature bloat.

Userlevel 7

@Chic64 thanks for posting the feature idea. 

Can I ask: to achieve your aim of seeing a day by day split of usage for your billing cycle visualized in the online usage chart, would toggling between any months that the billing cycle straddles not allow this?

I always pay my standing charge on a daily basis in order to help reduce my ultimate gas/electricity bill at the end of each month. 

On occasions, this daily change increases several fold, eg if I pay £1.05 say, per day, sometimes it’s increased to say, £5, £6, or £8. 

OVO say…

“In regards to your standing charge, it doesn't change, what changes is your daily energy/gas consumption and thus the daily charge can vary.”

However, I don’t submit readings until the end of the month , so how can OVO say it can change daily based on my energy consumption? 

I have problem loging. No I have namber account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @djshields , if you have a smart meter then the daily readings will be used to show usage. If you don’t have a smart meter or if it isn’t communicating fully, then your reading might be estimated to give you a daily usage total. 
This is OVO’s ‘live billing’ system that does confuse several users

Thank you  BPLightlog 🙏

I'm new to this app and I don't know where I can find my invoice. help me find it

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Invoice for ?

If you’re looking for your energy usage, try looking at this guide 

Has anyone else experienced this?? We were requested last month via email to pay our £83 bill. I went online and paid and this put us back to zero. This month we have used hardly any energy but have been requested we pay £415 in 14 days! No idea where this has come from as our usage says we owe them £83 again. Every time we go online our bill and history of bills seem to change and for some reason we now owe them money again. We have seen this a few times but now we have had enough! Can anyone help please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JS2024 , as no one here has access to your account, we can only guess. 
Are there any earlier bills which were from a switch? Were you moved from SSE?

Do you have copies of the previous bills to compare and see what exactly has changed?

From that, it might be possible to get to the bottom of the problem. 

Annoyingly we don’t have much evidence. We do have the emails requesting the 83 that we owed which shows we only owed that amount on our account last month. I also have the payments coming from our account which I could see if they match the online bills or not. 

Is it a + symbol for or a - symbol for credit here?  I can't seem to find any information on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Where exactly @chris_baylis2000 ?

Unfortunately, OVO use both in different situations. 
You should see a + where there is a payment into your account but you might also see a ‘negative charge’ (so a - -) on the charge side

So what about when I log in to my account and on the home screen.  It's shows a + balance.  Is that credit or debt?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So what about when I log in to my account and on the home screen.  It's shows a + balance.  Is that credit or debt?

That should be showing your account in credit

Userlevel 7
Badge

… when I log in to my account and on the home screen.  It's shows a + balance.

That sounds like the app. Yes, there a + sign indicates credit. If you log in to your account via a browser, the figure on the home page is clearly labelled in credit (if it is, of course 🙂).

Userlevel 7

Does the advice from out Community Members help @chris_baylis2000? 🙂

Yes it does.  Thank you

I have noticed that there are 2 estimated gas reading on my bill... for example from Jan 26 to Feb 25.

Jan 26 estimated 8238.970

Feb 22 my reading 8418.000

Feb 25 estimated 8432.710

Why estimated, can someone tell me why... should I be given reading on the 26th and 25th?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bri4life , assuming from what you’ve said that your billing period is to 25th, they would estimate any additional usage after your earlier manual reading. 
Without a smart meter or reading on the exact start and finish day, that’s what happens

OVO use a live billing system to help show usage throughout the month

Should I give manual readings for those dates or leave them estimated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Should I give manual readings for those dates or leave them estimated?

If you want better bills, we’ve seen it best to give a reading early on the day after your billing date. So if you’re billed from 26th to 25th then send a reading early on 26th .. that mimics what the smart meter does and the reading is taken as a ‘midnight’ reading for the previous day. 
You can enter a manual reading at any point to update the system if you prefer. 

Just been trying to work things out again the above totals in 1st post and noticed metered volume... that is 103.740 which is the estimated totals on the statement.

8328.970 estimated

8418.000 reading

8432.710 estimated

Metered usage 103.740 which is using estimated totals I believe 

1188.444 kWh totals units...

Could anyone tell me if the manual reading is even taking into account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s probably not as it’s ‘in between’ start and end for the month - it might be a point used to take the estimate for 25th. 
From the metered total, that is then converted to kWh 

Userlevel 7

Does BPLighlogs advice help @Bri4life? Could it be the calorific value? The following topics might be helpful to you: