OVO anytime when Indra Charger not sending info to OVO

• 15 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Unbeknown to me on September the 28th my Indra Pro ceased to send information to OVO. I went away on that day having charged up my car fully.

Estimated 9kW on my return on 4th October  the car took 26kW est. on 4/10 and 

0n 9th est. 50kW, 10th 20kW, 11th 27kW and 12th 18kW.

I went onto my OVO account and it said they had a problem collecting OVO anytime info. No charges shown on my account. I then opened app.indra.co.uk

this said my charger was not working and to contact Support.(Charged EV) By the way I have had no need to look at the K page as my charger was working perfectly as far as I was concerned. I spoke to a very helpful chap (senior support) who told me that they had lost the 4G contact with my charger and after a while he managed to reconnect and later that day info started flowing.

Problem, no info on amount used during the lack of connection, nothing showing at Indra or OVO. My estimate of amount used is based on my daily readings to OVO via my smart meter and subtracting the normal house usage.

What am I to do to talk to someone at OVO to try and get the amount used charged at the 10p rate and not the standard rate. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Unfortunately, any EV Charging that wasn’t managed by Charge Anytime isn’t eligible for the 10p/kWh rate and can’t be rebated later. Sorry about that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Nick Challacombe

A shame but the Terms and Conditions say this

7.5 If your EV charger or compatible EV goes offline at any point for any reason, or if you’re disconnected from the Kaluza Flex Platform for any reason, we won't record Smart Charging energy consumption during this time. This means that you won’t receive Charge Anytime Credits for any charging done whilst your charger is offline or not sending EV charging data to us. 

You could try asking ovo if they would consider an ex gratia payment even though they are not liable. I suspect the answer would be no, but you never know. 

smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thank you, it is what I expected, I just would like a better way of informing me that the Wi-Fi 4 g network was not working ,there is no way of knowing if the charger is behaving normally..