Skip to main content

OVO have been promising access to online account mangement via their new website for over a year now and it is still not available. Why is it taking so long to migrate customers from a legacy system? This is a task that should not be that difficult. Everytime I need to make a change or sometimes give an extra meter reading I have to spend ages on the phone or on the chatbot.

Hi @Ovouser777,

I’m sorry that you’re still unable to access your online account.

Any updates we get internally about the progress of the online account access issues, we’ll update all relevant topics.

I appreciate how frustrating it must be. We’re working on fixing things and will be back in touch in the near future with an update. In the meantime, you’ll continue to get your bill every month by email or post as usual. If you have any questions or need help with anything, please chat, call, or email our support team.

This thread may also be helpful - 

Please could someone give some answers about this supposed new online access?  All of last year they were saying “the end of the 2023”, then it became “September 2024”. Surely it can’t be beyond them to migrate a few legacy account holders to the new website. I feel as though I have been patient enough.

The accounts that have NOT yet moved over from Apollo to Orion are mostly those which suffered either the most data corruption - which absolutely must be fixed first - or don’t yet have the required features and/or functionality in Orion to migrate them. If you were to try to migrate any of those accounts right now, Orion would choke and probably crash.

This is not just about moving them “to a new website”. The old one was designed to work exclusively with Apollo and the new one exclusively works with Orion - they are not cross-compatible with each other at all because Orion is essentially a total rebuild of the entire setup.

Online access for those accounts will be restored once they’re running on Orion.