Solved

No show for free boiler service as part of Customer Care Package?

• 19 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Hi I received an email asking me to book a boiler service as part of the customer support package as I’m disabled. I didn’t do it right away as I have a dog and needed to check with my daughter what days she could get off to take the dog out the way. However, an appointment was made for me for last Friday without checking with me which meant she had to take a day off unpaid. 

On the Friday morning I received a text saying it had been cancelled and re arranged for today (again without consulting if that was suitable) so again because of the short notice she had to take another day off unpaid. It’s now almost 8.30pm and there has been no call, text or email and no one has appeared.

There’s no phone number for the engineer attached to any of the emails I received or texts. the Ovo customer helpline didn’t even know what I was talking about.

Can anyone tell me who i should call to get this sorted? My “ free” boiler service has now cost me almost £200 in making up my daughter’s lost wages! 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 21 December 2022, 10:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @ottzbottz,

I’m really sorry the engineer had to re-arrange, this is an unfortunate situation that may happen from time to time. But that doesn’t make it less frustrating.

Are you able to call the number which you were sent a text from? As this may be the engineer. Unfortunately, as it’s a free service that’s offered, customer’s won’t be eligible for any compensation for any missed appointments.

The engineer themselves will contact customers directly to organise appointments, so you won’t be able to re-book this through our Support Team.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO sorry no, the text doesn’t have a number attached. It just comes from Ovo Energy.

Surely I must be able to contact someone? How do I sort this out? Can someone contact the engineer for me? Plus they didn’t rearrange yesterday’s appointment, they just didn’t turn up! 

Userlevel 7

Updated on 20/10/23 by Abby_OVO

There is a team that has been set up to manage OVO’s customer support package, which our Support team can contact. They may not be able to take on the call but they are well placed to know how these appointments should work. Personally I’m surprised you aren’t involved in the date and time of the engineer visit. Then there’s the repeated no shows. Something seems odd. 

When you have a second, please call our Support team so they can pass this on to the right team:  0330 303 5063

I have spent over two hours waiting on different chats and phone calls today past over to six different numbers (two of those numbers were not actually connected!) going round and round in circles. This is after sending an email over two weeks ago and getting no reply. I was told I was eligible for a free service in November last year and was told that I would be given a date within four weeks and have heard nothing since. 
please please can someone tell me who to speak to? 
The last woman I spoke to said I needed an account number (not my ovo account number) and gave me a phone number that didn’t work!

not one of these though 013830431851 03303035063 03450786771 01173226916

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you sign up to the service then @Leah ?

If so the details are here

https://homeservices.ovoenergy.com/static/ipid-essentials-v3-8fe7a4d8e306f5e41005cda127a7858a.pdf

Also just tried 01383270891 corgi number (from a previous post) - person I spoke to didn’t know anything about the boiler service so please don’t give me this number

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also just tried 01383270891 corgi number (from a previous post) - person I spoke to didn’t know anything about the boiler service so please don’t give me this number

Sorry .. just another customer trying to help 🤷‍♂️

That link was for home emergency service?

I want someone to speak to about my free boiler service as part of the emergency energy fund please

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Do you mean this: https://www.ovoenergy.com/customer-support-package 

This is from OVO’s boiler and heating cover page - might be worth a go:

How to get in touch

If you have a question about our boiler and heating cover, you can call 0330 102 8905 and speak to one of the team.

Pay monthly for a Boiler Service plan, recently OVO taken this from SSE ...another £5 a month I might add! Booked service fir today, OVO confirmed and even had reminder yesterday. NO SHOW! Waited in for 4 hrs no call, or text. Anyone else experienced this thanks

Userlevel 6

Hey @Alioops welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear that no one turned up last week for your appointment, that’s really disappointing.

Have you been in touch with the team yet to reschedule the appointment? You can give them a call on 0808 258 4988, or get in touch via their webchat online.