Solved

MG4 failed to charge last night on Charge Anytime using OHME charger?

• 9 January 2024
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got up this morning and car wasn’t charged. Nothing was added. I’ve lost a days pay as a result. MG4 has been charging 5 nights a week faultlessly since July 2023. I use the OHME app to schedule charges as the MG is incompatible with Charge Anytime. The last charge session showing on the OHME app is 04/12/23? It has worked since then including overnight Sunday into Monday.

I did update the OHME app last week as an update was available and thought it might fix not showing the charge sessions.

any help greatfully appreciated as worried I can’t work tomorrow.

icon

Best answer by New EV driver 9 January 2024, 16:44

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @New EV driver , don’t know if you’ve seen this from Ohme 

https://ohme-ev.com/support/how-do-i-set-up-ovo-charge-anytime/

I realise from your post that it was working but there are updates which can change things 

Userlevel 7

Hey @New EV driver,

I’m sorry to hear this! 

Have you emailed the team chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Logged a “ticket” with both OHME and OVO and waiting for them to get back to me. The updated OHME app worked Saturday and Sunday night so not sure what happened last night but strange. I’ve plugged the car back in at 11:00hrs and created a new schedule on the OHME app  to charge it to 100% by 17:20hrs and it is currently charging. 

A secondary issue is I charge overnight and would normally be able to quickly view on the OHME or MGiSmart apps to see what the “live” state of charge is. The OHME app doesn’t have this functionality as it’s kippered and the MG app was updated to a new version before Christmas and it doesn’t work for anybody since the update. I will be outside with a torch at 02:00hrs checking to see if it’s charging every night. No problems in 6 months and 12000 miles and then all of it in a single day!,,,,

Userlevel 6

Hey @New EV driver 

I’m sorry to hear about this.

Glad you’ve raised those tickets already, let us know how you get on with them.

Userlevel 6

Hey @New EV driver 

How did you get on with this?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well the OVO and OHME auto responses say they are looking into it. It’s been 10 days and nothing has been communicated to me by either party. On a positive note the OHME app has started logging the “Charge Sessions” since 09/01/24 and the car has been charging correctly. Whatever it was cost me £250 earnings as I’m Self Employed and work from my car so I’m not very impressed that it happened.

Userlevel 7

Hey @New EV driver,

I’m glad to hear it’s working again.

That’s very frustrating about your loss of earnings, it might be worth pursuing a complaint with OHME. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I called OVO two weeks ago and after an hour and a half on the phone it also appears there is another issue. My OHME app basically didn’t end the charge session started on 05/12/23 the next one was dated 09/01/24. The charge session was nearly 900 hrs long and nearly 700 kWh of electricity. To compound this I didn’t recieve the Charge Anytime credit so the whole of this usage was charged at full rate. I have sent them a detailed email containing screen shots of the charging statistics/sessions and requested the refund be applied. This was 3 weeks ago. Nothing not a dicky bird. They still haven’t responded to the original complaint. Very very poor service.

Userlevel 7

Hey @New EV driver,

I’m really sorry to hear this, how frustrating,

I’ll ask the Charge Anytime team, and see if they have any advice for you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here’s an update. 

OVO Charge Anytime called me on Friday 23/02/24 and explained the failure to charge is down to OHME and not them and the Ts & Cs of Charge Anytime explain this. Therefore they are not responsible for any costs I have experienced. My OHME app which I use to schedule charges (due to vehicle incompatibility) showed a charge session of 848h 54 mins 652.7 kWh and a cost of £43.51 which is £0.066pp kWh however I was charged full rate of about £177 for this energy. OVO though did make a goodwill payment towards my overpayment but not the full amount and nothing for the £250 loss of earnings I incurred.

On the day when my car failed to charge I contacted both OHME and OVO immediately when they opened by phone and email. OHME won’t answer the phone…..ever. OVO called back and we tested the CP by just carrying out a non scheduled charge which worked. The charger has worked ever since……..

I have just got up to find my car didn’t charge overnight again last night. Another £250 loss of earnings and so the loop continues.

OHME have never responded to my previous Voice Mails or E Mails or acknowledged my complaint. They really are the worst business I have ever dealt with.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 2
Badge

Last nights charge and also stats for a manual charge I just tried to see if now working.

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry to hear this @New EV driver, it sounds like a very frustrating experience. I wonder if the charge anytime team can contact OHME on your behalf, or perhaps OHME have a complaints procedure you could follow? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Actually got through to OHME this morning for an hour and they are I believe busily trying to get to the bottom of this and the previous issue. They are claiming the car turned the charge schedule off at 8pm last night before it was able to start. I have no schedules or apps operating on the car and it is as per when it left the factory . I believe it will be an issue with OHME software. I reposted here as I felt it only fair to warn people that OVO will effectively via small print step away from responsibility which I now sort of get as they send power to the house. The charging of a car and reporting that to OVO is effectively the responsibility of OHME. 

My takeaway from this is to check your charging statistics daily to ensure each session has technically ended each day. The charge on 05/12/23 that was apparently 848hrs long and 652 kWh and ended in January 2024 I paid full price for and not Charge Anytime. That is a disgrace as the bill payer. I plug in and trust. I’ve learned my lesson there.

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry for the experience you’ve had, but I thank you for popping back and updating the topic, this is helpful advice for other Community Members in a similar position @New EV driver.

I’m glad OHME are looking into this for you. 

Badge

Hey @New EV driver,

I’m glad to hear it’s working again.

That’s very frustrating about your loss of earnings, it might be worth pursuing a complaint with OHME. 

Yes, from my experience, Ohme are a disaster. My charger has been giving continuous trouble for the last 6 months.

Yesterday for example, (after a lot of trial and fail.. ), I set it to accept up to 12p pricing (Zeus is blowing the windmills at full power 😉, variable pricing paradise). I looked at their app and it said nothing available, to wait for tomorrow´s pricing (available in 7 hours). Still all the pricing periods in the morning were below 4p - according to the same Ohme app!

I tried restarting the charge session in the car, restarted their app, rebooted from the RCD, nothing fixed it, not immediately. 

I keep reading about people complaining about their abismal support desk. And at best their developers are all asleep. Like how can the Ohme app say no window with a price below the max is available and just after one tap, I can see several? 😡

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just a quick update!

There isn’t an update as 28 days later it’s radio silence from OHME. Nothing , NADA, ZIP.

They are truly the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. You can call them and the phone is only answered maybe 1 out of every 12 calls. When they do answer it’s the stock “we will look into it then get back to you”. 

I am considering asking OVO as a partner business to pursue this on my behalf as they likely have a direct line.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @New EV driver

I’m really sorry to hear the issues are still ongoing for you. Have you tried reaching out to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com? They may be able to help further with this or offer some perspective on this.

Please keep us updated as always of your progress. If you have any difficulty getting in touch with the team, let me know and i’ll flag this to them.