Solved

I'm converting 3 flats into a home. How do I change the 4 separate meters so it's one supply?

• 13 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I've just purchased 3 separate flats with the intention of converting them back into one family home. The property has 4 electricity meters-one for each flat and one meter serving the communal areas and fire alarm system. What are my options re connecting all the meters into o e and removing the redundant meters? Would I need the distribution network operator to put in a completely new meter or can they join existing meters up? In short, what's the best way forward given I want to make it a family home and reduce the standing charges?

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 13 September 2022, 18:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Updated on 18/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Hey @MrsD,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community.

If you have 4 meters, this means you will have 4 different Meter Point Administration Numbers (MPANs). Here is a general overview of the process of removing the extra meters:

• You should ensure that all appliances are running through one meter - you will need an electrician to do this prior to your appointment with OVO
  • You can then book an appointment with OVO to remove the extra meters and do a meter exchange for the existing meter. You will need to contact our Support Team over the phone to arrange a booking.
  • The cost of a 'Meter Removal' is - £106 (£325 for 3 phase) 
  • You will need to contact the DNO to arrange a disconnection 

We’ve got a great guide here which might help here:

Keep us posted with how you get on!