Solved

How to set up a NEW online account

• 21 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Trying without success to set up an online account with OVO for the first time.

Never had an online account with SSE Energy or OVO and have never given SSE Energy or OVO an email address.

Despite this, all avenues I’ve tried insist on me giving ‘the email address that’s linked to your OVO or SSE energy account’  aaaarrrrrggghhhh!

Phoning is really difficult as I’m hard of hearing and I also have limited concentration (ie can’t hold for long in a phone queue even with help).

if anyone has encountered these  problems and knows how to overcome them them please let me know

Thank you very much

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 21 August 2023, 21:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO officially supports both SignVideo and Relay UK - 18001 0330 303 5063.

Alternatively, try Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help 

Userlevel 7

Hey @HelpwithOvo,

Blastoise has given some great advice here, just wanted to add that you won’t be able to log into an online account without first registering an email address on your account.

OVO officially supports both SignVideo and Relay UK - 18001 0330 303 5063.

Alternatively, try Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help 

You can use these avenues to do so. 

Once you have your online account set up, we have tons of helpful tutorials available:

Thank you for the information. 

However the problem is I cannot register an email address on my account - every time I try to do so, I am directed to pages where I am asked to enter the email address already registered to the account…. which I can’t because I’m not able to register one!

It might make more sense if I show you what I see.  I’m following these instructions from the help pages:

How do I set up my online account?

Step 1: Enter your email address

Click here then enter your email address and click Submit.

When I click on ‘here’ I see this:

Let's get started!

Just enter the email address that's linked to your OVO or SSE energy account. We'll email you a special link to set your password.

Email address

Confirm email address

Submit

So you can see there’s no option to register a NEW email address (in order to set up an online account).  There’s never been an email address linked to the OVO account, all meter readings were done by phone and all correspondence by post.

Any ideas please?  Thank you!

Userlevel 7

Hey @HelpwithOvo,

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding, I thought there wasn’t an email registered on your account? 

If that’s the case you won’t be able to log in online. You’ll need to contact OVO customer support to get one added to your account. 

Trying without success to set up an online account with OVO for the first time.

Never had an online account with SSE Energy or OVO and have never given SSE Energy or OVO an email address.

Despite this, all avenues I’ve tried insist on me giving ‘the email address that’s linked to your OVO or SSE energy account’  aaaarrrrrggghhhh!

Phoning is really difficult as I’m hard of hearing and I also have limited concentration (ie can’t hold for long in a phone queue even with help).

if anyone has encountered these  problems and knows how to overcome them them please let me know

Thank you very much

having the same problem dose not mater what i do just comes up something gone wrong  will have to call but phone but  line shut at 1700 and i still at work need them to be open longer not that impressed since the change from sse

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Live Chat is also open on Saturdays.

https://ovoenergy.com/help .

As I've tried to state repeatedly, it IS possible to use Live Chat even if your email address isn't registered in the account. Just key # instead