Solved

How do I contact OVO Customer Services if I need some help?

Show first post

237 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @thefinalfrontear ,

I think I know the circumstances for this one. Try giving 0330 303 5063 a call in the morning. The Support Team might be able to do this for you. Depending on whether that charity has a special agreement with OVO or not, you might be able to take control of the supply.

Userlevel 7

It sounds like they’ve recognized it’s an OVO issue, and failed to close down the account when you switched. Hopefully this gets sorted now.

Please pop back if you have any further issues @twine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Jeffus

No further forward as of now, waiting for Ramans team to come back to us.

@Colin Wheeler Have you made any progress with Ramans team or the Energy Ombudsman?

A longstanding issue with our trad PAYG meter was fixed by us getting a new meter, then 10 days later a smart meter. All good, but there was £120 on our old cards which the original meter couldn't read (failed contacts). I raised a complaint about how long it was all taking to sort out, with us having had no gas for a total of 5 weeks. Now OVO won't speak to me. The complaint handler gave me a phone number that doesn't work, rang me while I was at work but never tried again (one week and counting). When I rang the normal number they rudely told me to wait for the complaint handler to call me. They said it will take 4 to 7 weeks to put the money onto our smart meter. They could end me gold coins by donkey quicker than that - whAt must I do to get my money back? 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Patient1,

I’m really sorry to hear this,

Are you with OVO PAYG or Boost? 

OVO worse luck. My partner says it may now have been done, I'll see later. All so painful. Total 5 weeks off gas.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Patient1,

Was this resolved when you checked? What’s the latest? 

Yes it is finally resolved and compensation agreed.

I see you’ve updated page 1.

I’d still just like to phone someone if I have a query or issue, rather than use 3rd party companies like WhatsApp or Facebook.

Really can’t believe that you guys trust/palm off to other companies to handle complaints etc.

Just have a tel number, an email address and the chat on your website. That’s all we need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As mentioned, it’s 0330 303 5063, hello@ovoenergy.com and https://ovoenergy.com/help .

ALL of this stuff is listed at https://ovoenergy.com/help and https://ovoenergy.com/feedback .

I also note that the latest version of the Best Answer for this thread also links directly to a list of all active contact options.

OVO also keeps all the Forum Volunteers updated with every change to anything contact channel related. We get told pretty much the same day such changes are made - and sometimes ahead of the change - so that we can adapt rapidly. It’s well recognised that we’re able to adapt rapidly, so it’s a strategy OVO has to help make sure we’re doing things the right way.

The social channels e.g. Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp are just additional options for folks who prefer to use those. I hate to admit it, but some people do. There are NO plans whatsoever to sunset existing options and replace them with social media. Otherwise, we’d know about it first.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I see you’ve updated page 1.

Which ‘page 1’ are you referring to? I hadn’t noticed any particular update ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Looks like Shads was doing some maintenance to the Best Answer on this particular thread this morning - that’s probably the update in question.