Solved

How can I find out all of OVO's tariff information?

• 28 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m trying to find out what tariffs OVO is providing and the charges.  I have found the following page on their website but cannot understand it.  There appear to be multiple versions of many of the tariffs that have identical names but different rates.

For example, there are multiple tariffs called ‘Smart Economy 9’ showing different rates and multiple tariffs called ‘Simpler Energy’ showing different rates.  How do I tell which rates would apply to me (NB I have already entered my post code)?

https://plans.ovoenergy.com/

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 28 December 2023, 22:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 09/01/23 by Abby_OVO

@SteveUK

Have you tried the filter to limit those shown?

Ultimately the only way is to actually phone OVO and ask them what they will actually offer.

You can enter some of your details here for a quote. You can also view some of out tariffs here, as well as speak with the Support Team who can advise of all tariff that you’d be eligible for.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, Electricity only and Direct Debit and I still get multiple listings for each tariff.

I will try phoning in the New Year but from previous experience this is VERY time consuming and not easy to get authoritive, reliable information. 

It really should all be on the website to save both OVO and customers a lot of time.

Userlevel 6

Try the ‘Get a Quote’ button here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/home-energy-plans

Fill it in, you can say that you don’t know your useage, it should then list the plans available to you as if you were a new customer.
Obviously that won’t inlude things like Fixed Loyalty for existing customers.

If you are an existing customer, and not already fixed, then there should be be a button at the bottom of the side menu on your online account where you can see available plans including Loyalty ones.
(Sorry I can’t screenshot it, or remember exactly what it is called, because I fixed last week so no longer get shown it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Try the ‘Get a Quote’ button here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/home-energy-plans

Fill it in, you can say that you don’t know your useage, it should then list the plans available to you as if you were a new customer.
Obviously that won’t inlude things like Fixed Loyalty for existing customers.

If you are an existing customer, and not already fixed, then there should be be a button at the bottom of the side menu on your online account where you can see available plans including Loyalty ones.
(Sorry I can’t screenshot it, or remember exactly what it is called, because I fixed last week so no longer get shown it).

Uunfortunately the online quote tool doesn't show any of the more complex tariff like E9. You have to phone up to get these if they are available at all for individual customers.

I am a new customer. Please help me decide which tariff to choose. We mainly use electricity at night and in the evening
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @SvitlanaKorolenko ,

Little bit tricky I’m afraid, as the options that work for me may not work for you.

If you use a ton of electricity overnight, Economy 7 might work. But we need to know more about how you use energy first before we can offer any reasonable advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SvitlanaKorolenko , tariffs vary by region so alongside your own usage situation, it will also depend on where you are. 
You can see what’s on offer via the website 

https://plans.ovoenergy.com/

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @SvitlanaKorolenko ,

Our volunteers have raised some pretty valid points so far. It’s difficult to say what tariff would suit you best as there is a lot more factors to consider. 

I would recommend visiting here to receive a quote or calling and speaking to our support team here. They will be able to talk you through your options and ask questions to help them understand your situation better. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.