Skip to main content

Print a receipt for card payment

I would like to be able to print out a receipt on my PC for a payment i have just made in my account using my debit card.

I would have thought that you’d already have a receipt for the transaction via you bank?

I can check my bank & see the transaction,what i am saying is it would be good if i could print ut a receipt after paying my monthly bill with my debit card in my online account.

The reason is i had to chase up a payment a few months ago that i paid the same way.

The person i spoke to at OVO could not find the payment but it came out of my bankwhich i showed them.

I don`t want to spend my time chasing up bills that i have already paid,but customer service here is not the best.

Whenever I have made a manual debit card payment via my Ovo account I have always received an email from ovo. 

I normally pay by Direct Debit but sometimes make a manual payment via the ovo website or app. 

For example from December. It contains a unique transaction ID and my name and account number which I have deleted. 

Do you get an email confirm? Perhaps check your spam folder as I notice for me sometimes ovo emails go to my spam folder. 

I don't know, but I would be surprised if ovo designed the system so only some customers got an email confirmation when making manual payment via the app or website. 

How did OVO resolve the issue a few months ago, did they tell you? 

Well as far as apps are concerned i don`t use these or any banking apps on my phone.

I have received just 1 confirmation email for a payment i made a few months ago.

But anyway it does not matter now i found how to print out a receipt,i do understand about spam folders.

As for OVO resolving things i do not  want to waste anymore of my time hanging on the phone.

People just have to make do these days & energy companies know this as there are not a lot of choices out there just now.

Well as far as apps are concerned i don`t use these or any banking apps on my phone.

I have received just 1 confirmation email for a payment i made a few months ago.

But anyway it does not matter now i found how to print out a receipt,i do understand about spam folders.

As for OVO resolving things i do not  want to waste anymore of my time hanging on the phone.

People just have to make do these days & energy companies know this as there are not a lot of choices out there just now.

Every energy company is open for switching to the standard variable tariff now. So there is lots of choice on terms of the variety of customer service models. OVO is typically rated pretty good but not the best currently.

There are now a few fixed rate offers on the market as well, together with a variety of tarrif that make use of smart meters. There is now more choice than we have had since last year. There are regularly posts from people who have switched for a variety of reasons.

The number of people recorded as switching has started to increase again. 85% more people switched in July 2023 vs July 2022. Over 213, 000 switched supplier in July alone. Don't feel you have to stay with your current supplier if you are not happy with the service. 

I do know i can switch if i want,i have sorted out what i wanted to sort for now,so i will just leave it there.

New→Can't be done yet

Hey @jamesb27 

We’ve changed the status of the idea as it’s not something our teams are looking to develop at this time, as we send out confirmation emails whenever a one-off card payment is made, along with customers being able to see proof of payment on their own end via things like bank statements and online banking. 

I’m glad you were able to get the information you needed before. 

I would have thought that you’d already have a receipt for the transaction via you bank?

It shows coming out of my bank i know that,but when you pay for something you are entitled to a receipt.I know how to print it out now anyway.

Worth noting that more and more places are moving to email receipts these days, even for in-store purchases. Saves paper for cases where it’s not needed.

A confirmation email (deliberately vague as to date, time, amount, account paid from, account paid to, ) is not quite the same a receipt (explicitly showing all that stuff).  Quite often, people’s banking apps don’t have all the details either, so there is a need for an authoritative, comprehensive receipt.