Solved

Unable to get export reading from Elster AS300P

• 1 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I had solar panels installed at the end of last year and was able to provide an initial export balance reading to OVO in January. I am, however, now having difficulty obtaining a current reading.

I have followed the following recommended sequence:

1. Press and hold the grey middle button until the main menu loads. 
  1. ‘General’ should appear on-screen – press and hold the middle button again to select this option. 
  1. ‘Time & Date’ should now be visible – use the bottom button to scroll until TOU Registers appears on screen. 
  1. Press and hold the middle button again, and you should now see ‘Cum. Exp.’ with a value underneath it. This is your export reading. 

However, when I reach Stage 4 I can only find an Import Reading and there is no sign of an Export Reading.

Can anyone help?

David

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 1 March 2024, 17:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do you have a photo of the meter and set up @davekerrison ?

There are other threads which relate to this .. did you follow the same sequence for the initial reading do you recall?

There are a couple of sequences depending on the menu mode … 

If your smart meter has 3 grey buttons .

Manufacturer: Elster .

Start by pressing the middle button on your meter. You’ll see one of the following options:

• ‘General’.

• ‘Utility menu’.

If your meter has a ‘General’ option, follow these steps:

1. Press the middle button again to select the ‘General’ option.

2. Press the bottom button, then the middle button, to select ‘Total reg’. Your screen should now show ‘Cum. Imp.’.

3. Press either the top or bottom button to show the ‘Cum. Exp.’ screen. This figure is your reading (Cumulative Export).

If your meter has a ‘Utility menu’ option, follow these steps:

1. Press the middle button again to select the ‘Utility menu’ option.

2. Press the bottom button twice, then the middle button, to select ‘Dial Test’. Your screen should now show ‘Cum. Imp.’.

3. Press either the top or bottom button to show the ‘Cum. Exp.’ screen. This figure is your reading (Cumulative Export).

Badge

Fantastic! The ‘General option’ sequence did the trick and is now comitted to my digital and paper records for future reference.

Thank you very much!

David