Solved

Solis hybrid inverter with my Puredrive 5kW battery - ground voltage of 195V. What is this and is it a problem?

• 11 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Is anyone here familiar with Solis hybrid inverter. I have just installed one with a Puredrive 5kW battery. I was flicking through the menus and found running messages. This page shows a ground voltage of 195V. What is this and is it a problem? Pictures provided below. 

icon

Best answer by edsashley 21 September 2022, 17:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You may find someone on https://renewableheatinghub.co.uk/forums 

Userlevel 7

Let’s see who’s knocking about on this forum as well, @Mbu1982 and @davericho have mentioned having Solis...

Userlevel 7

I’ve failed to get you some first-hand advice on this, @edsashley

@ArundaleP @davericho or @Jequinlan may be able to tell you about this ground voltage messaging…. I know I can’t!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @edsashley @Tim_OVO 

Unfortunately I'm not able to help as my Solis inverter hasn't been installed yet, but would be very interested to know the answer to this, would appreciate a answer on this in this thread at some stage, all the best 

Does this link help.

https://www.ginlong.com/documentation/How_to_Quickly_and_Effectively_Determine_ground_fault_01271631.html

Badge +1

Answered in a different forum. Apparently this is a breakdown in translation from Chinese to English. This is said to be the midpoint of the dc bus voltage, which does add up. This was also shown to me on a system designed in the US where they had a ground voltage equal to half of their bus voltage. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@edsashley me being new to this tech I take it that this is normal and nothing to worry about or not

Userlevel 7

Hey @edsashley,

@edsashley me being new to this tech I take it that this is normal and nothing to worry about or not

Any updates on this? Would you be able to send @davericho a link in private message to the other Forum you are referring to as they might find it useful.

Great to see our community members helping each other 😊