Skip to main content

So, room temp is 19C, I have put the desired temp at 24c. Flow temp I have turned up to 50 to see if that will kick start the heating. No luck.

Water is on timer and when forced play, the fan works and water is heated.

On the main control panel the heating is showing as restricted and paused, however, when you go into the settings where you can control the heating as on, timer or off, it is showing the play button. 

Any ideas/thoughts so I don’t have to pay Mitsubishi £300 for a call out? I phoned their helpline and after 20 mins of going through everything, they don’t have a clue.

Hoping someone else has experienced the same and has a solution?

NO ERROR CODES SHOWING.

Hey @JulesSteele,

I’ll tag a few members from other threads to raise some awareness to see if someone can help you. 

@Ecodanwarrior, @juliamc, @nealmurphy @M.isterW, @Raze1000 & @Peter E - Would any of you have any advice for the issues above? 

@JulesSteele No particular experience in ASHP but there is a video showing how to get the error codes but I’m assuming you have done this which is why you are saying there are no error codes.

The only other bit of advice is that these devices are computers (well, microcontrollers which have common issues with computers) so if you can turn it off for a while (five minutes) and turn it back on it may just sort the issue out and avoid a call out.

I don’t know if the installation/instruction manual has anything specific to say on this.

I’ve just had a quick trawl of the internet and came up with the site below and it comes up with a chatbot (perhaps leading to a human being later on) and a discussion may help to narrow the cause of your problem without a call out being necessary.

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/hvac/hk7ji-i-ve-l9-code-error-mitsubishi-ecodan-heat-pump.html

I hope that helps

Peter

Thanks Peter, turning it off for a while seemed to kick start it working again! Just hope now it doesn't happen again!

@JulesSteele  I have a three year old Daikin. For the first time, last month, I had an error code on the heating for water pressure that shut off the heating (hot water fine). I seemed to have rectified it by bleeding all the radiators and doing a control-alt-delete on the main outside heat pump isolator switch. Hopefully yours is something similar.

Thanks @nealmurphy and @Peter E for offering support! 

@JulesSteele Keep an eye on it for the next week and make sure nothing else pops up as an issue. Let us know how things go 😊

It’s easy to forget that a lot of household objects are run by microcontrollers which have a habit of going dumb after a while. The ones that are regularly switched off usually pose no problem but those that run all the time eventually stall at some point. E.g. video recorders, routers, heating systems, computers in modern cars particularly EVs. All of those examples have needed a reset at some point in my household and have all come back to life after a reboot. C’est la vie!

So turning it off worked temporarily. Then when the hot water came on this pm the heating is now off again. 

Where did you turn it off?

@JulesSteele I’m sorry that’s happened again. It sounds like there is an intermittent fault.

1. Can you see if there are any error codes using the video at the beginning of the thread? That is always useful information to have.
  2. Quite often there is a flow chart in the boiler manual to help diagnose faults. You should be able to download one if you don’t have a paper copy. Have a go with that.
  3. Have a go with the link below and see if having a chat can get you any closer to a diagnosis.

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/hvac/hk7ji-i-ve-l9-code-error-mitsubishi-ecodan-heat-pump.html

Come back on here and see if we can use any additional information you may have. Good luck!

Peter