Solved

Mismatch between Wallbox and OVO Charge Anytime recordings?

• 15 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

This shows the Month of April up to now. Wallbox info on the left and OVO Anytime info on the right. If you add them both up, you end up with almost exactly the same numbers total. So why are they so incredibly different day to day and how do they end up nearly the same at the end ???? Why is this so confusing? It looks like the Kona is often charging outside the Anytime schedule and by this I mean, the car is charging, but if I go to the Anytime App on my phone, it’s showing the schedule as due to start in several hours time. The reason this gives me more doubt and confusion is that doing the same comparison as above (Wallbox vs OVO readings) before I owned the Kona, which is just a month now and only owned a Tesla, the readings were about 30% apart, showing the OVO readings as much higher than the Wallbox. Which makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Sorry for the ramble and I hope someone understands this.

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 16 April 2024, 14:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Hellstrom 

Welcome to the Forum.

It’ll be best to contact the Charge Anytime team directly about this, you can do this via email at chargeanytime@ovo.com.  They’ll be able to check this and verify the discrepancy for you, hopefully they can clear this up for you.

We’ve got some other topics on Charge Anytime credit that may be helpful in the meantime:

Keep us updated with what the team have to say on this, I’m sure it could be helpful to other community members.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Hellstrom,

Did you get an update from the team? 🙂

Badge

I did. The data from the cars isn’t sent in logical “lumps”, it’s just kind of sent when it wants as opposed to the charger readings, that show charge amounts for sessions. Hence the totals add up, but the dailies are basically useless to try and use as comparisons.

As an aside, the Hyundai uses an app to talk to OVO and this is causing many problems that OVO are aware of. 

The unfortunate solution is to replace the cars talking with OVO and buy a new charger, have that fitted and get that to talk to OVO rather than the cars directly. It will take 3 years to make up the savings going this route though. Which is pretty awful.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Hellstrom 

I’m glad to hear that the team managed to give you an update even if it isn’t the answer you were looking for. 

The positive thing is the totals add up 🙂 It may be the case that Hyundai make improvements to how the app reports data in the future which would give daily figures you can use.