Solved

Just had a smart meter fitted - how long will it be before I see readings on my account?

Hi all, we had a smart meter fitted 2 weeks ago, and this is the time of month we previously had to submit readings. Do we need to this month, as we've only had it 2 weeks? (We've had a reminder to submit them). Thanks 😄
icon

Best answer by Emily_OVO 15 December 2017, 16:55

Hey @Galaxy and @Rosie

Thanks for getting involved on the Forum!

It takes up to 6 weeks before your online account updates with your new smart meter details and smart meter readings - this is because we need to wait for the engineer to pass us back the booking notes. During this time we'll still take your Direct Debit, but we won't create any statements. You also won't need to provide us with any meter readings.

We need these notes so we can final bill your old meter. This will be done using the last reading taken before the meter was removed. We'll then need to update your account with the smart meter details and the reading taken when the new meter was installed.

If you're still waiting for your account to update, after the 6 week time frame has passed, drop us a message on our Facebook or Twitter page and we'll chase it up for you.

Thanks,
Emily

View original

10 replies

Just had a smart meter fitted and was wondering how long it will be before I see readings recorded on my account. If I look at my account page it is telling me to take a meter reading now. Do I need to do this or will the smart meter supply the info wanted?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @Galaxy and @Rosie

Thanks for getting involved on the Forum!

It takes up to 6 weeks before your online account updates with your new smart meter details and smart meter readings - this is because we need to wait for the engineer to pass us back the booking notes. During this time we'll still take your Direct Debit, but we won't create any statements. You also won't need to provide us with any meter readings.

We need these notes so we can final bill your old meter. This will be done using the last reading taken before the meter was removed. We'll then need to update your account with the smart meter details and the reading taken when the new meter was installed.

If you're still waiting for your account to update, after the 6 week time frame has passed, drop us a message on our Facebook or Twitter page and we'll chase it up for you.

Thanks,
Emily
Userlevel 1
After switching from BG IN October I still have only gas account showing but no electric despite having an OVO smart meter installed ?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @Bobby1999,

I've moved your topic over here. As @Emily_OVO mentioned above, it can take up to 6 weeks after installing a smart meter to update your account, which would explain why it's not showing online. If you hadn't had your first bill from us before the smart meters were installed, there'd be no information to show.

It's past this time frame now, so if you drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter we can chase up the information we need and update your account.

Nancy
Userlevel 1
I've already chased this up to be told "Its a third-party issue "
Userlevel 1
Its a total joke that having switched in Oct to dual-fuel from Ovo that you still cant display Electric account despite having a smart meter fitted .
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That's frustrating @Bobby1999

Typically when we're waiting for information to be passed back to us by a third party, we'll chase it every 10 working days until we have everything we need.

If you'd like us to get an update for you. Feel free to PM us on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, account number and DoB.

Thanks,
Emily
I decided to check my OVO account tonight to see if my newly installed smart meters are taking the readings that the engineer said they would take and I wouldn't have to take them again. Well I logged into myOVO and my account shows that it hasnt received a reading for a while. I used to input manually once a month on 7th day. I have tried to read the meters to enter them manually but the figures make no sense to me nor do they match the input boxes on the website. What do I do from here as I would clearly like this to work as specified? Thanks James
I had a smart meter fitted a few months ago now, I’ve logged on and can see I’m in credit but apparently no readings have been given, I didn’t think I needed to read a smart meter or am I missing something, I’d like to get a refund and when I’m on my Ovo I can’t access my payments page as it says “no electricity meter found” can someone please help. Thank you
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @James44 and @Hstew14

I've moved your queries over to this topic as the best answer at the top should help you.

For future reference, here's a link to our OVO Answers page on how to read a smart meter - https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/after-your-smart-meter-installation#how-do-i-read-my-smart-meter-screen.

Cheers,
Emma

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close