Solved

Anyone not been paid March prepayment Energy Support Scheme payment?

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ford,

Sorry to hear this,

You can also contact OVO PAYG on web chat, they will be able to chase up your delayed payment.

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Hi all, I finally got a voucher in the post today!!!!  Why we've had to suddenly get the credit this way who knows but don't give up folks😀 doesn't excuse the shocking treatment we've all endured trying to get answers from OVO😠 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi all, I finally got a voucher in the post today!!!!  Why we've had to suddenly get the credit this way who knows but don't give up folks😀 doesn't excuse the shocking treatment we've all endured trying to get answers from OVO😠 

There have been several industry wide issues with the smart meter network over the last couple of weeks which won't have helped, some areas of the country impacted more than others. 

I understand OVO make 5 attempts to put the money on the meter, then if that doesn't work they send a voucher. 

Userlevel 2

I normally get vouchers through the post and got all previous vouchers fine.  I still don’t have the current March voucher and I’ve been in touch with OVO/SSE every conceivable way.

I’m over 60 and I’m half-way through using my emergency credit.  I simply don’t have the funds to add to the meter myself if the voucher doesn’t arrive within 2 or 3 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/11/energy-prepay-voucher-ebss-claim/

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/energy-bills-support-scheme-vouchers-letter-to-energy-suppliers-with-prepayment-customers

Userlevel 7

@RoyalNW5 hopefully that voucher arrives in the post very soon. If it doesn’t and you need some support credit added to tie you over, our PAYG Support team can assist with this

I am a new customer of OVO and am having issues trying to get them to apply the government payment every month to my smart meter.  I have been pushed from pillar to post with this and it has not been helping my mental health having to deal with so many people.  All I have been asking for was a direct payment, not a voucher that I cannot use anywhere.  If anyone could help me I would be so appreciative

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not much we can do here I’m afraid as we can’t access your account. Try https://ovoenergy.com/feedback as your next option

Userlevel 7

Hey @Amme,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

You’ll need to contact Support for this issue, it sounds like you are with OVO PAYG or Boost Energy. Both have a webchat option.

I’d also advise getting added to our Priority Services Register, we can offer a number of additional services which may be of interest to you.

Hope this gets resolved as soon as possible. 

When are we getting the £67 credit if we pay by Direct Debit? It is already 1 week later than all previous 5 months?

Thank you

Userlevel 2

It finally arrived and cashed fine.

Userlevel 2

@RoyalNW5 hopefully that voucher arrives in the post very soon. If it doesn’t and you need some support credit added to tie you over, our PAYG Support team can assist with this

It finally arrived and was cashed fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It finally arrived and cashed fine.

Thanks for letting us know. 

Good to hear you got the final payment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I received mine yesterday, 20th. Direct debit went out on the 15th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can check status here

https://energy-support.ovoenergy.com/

I was charged 2 x direct debits (one at the end of Feb, and one early march), the first one was a 2nd attempt which is why i was charged twice in quick succession.

My account is £200 in credit.

Please can I get my £67 final credit ASAP?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lewisgreen85 no one here has access to your account. You may need to check with customer support

okay thanks

Userlevel 7

Hey @lewisgreen85,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

If two direct debit’s came out in quick succession you may have been paid two of your Energy Bills Support Scheme payments in one month. 

Can you please use this tool and upload a screenshot of what you’re seeing:

You can check status here

https://energy-support.ovoenergy.com/

Let’s get to the bottom of this! 🙂

No, i wasnt...They confirmed on phone yesterday my march refund is late, might take until end of the month. Very annoying....

I also received one of these vouchers in the post instead of my smart meter being credited directly. I redeemed it having the credit added via my SSE top up card but two local Pay Point shops said the didn’t know how to process the payment or that their machine wasn’t working and told me to try somewhere else. It was third time lucky.

I was due for my £67 refund on 21st March 2023 and I have not received it.  I know the £67 refunds will be ending this month, but I have not received my refund which was due two days ago.    My direct debit has gone out of my account.      My statement on line said it was going out on 21st March

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @lindab

Welcome to the customer forum. 

You may have to wait up to a week typically to see the money in your account, but it is often quicker

So hopefully you will see it soon.

I don't work for OVO, I am just a customer like you. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @lindab,

Sorry to hear this, 

When you use this tool, what does it say?  You should get your discount paid straight into your bank account as a refund 3 to 5 working days after your Direct Debit has cleared in the OVO account. If it is delayed beyond this timeframe please contact Support