Solved

Anyone not been paid March prepayment Energy Support Scheme payment?

Show first post

90 replies

I was basically called a liar yesterday by an ovo employee when i said that mypayment had not gone on. Today i received a letter stating that they have tried to put the credit on but was unsucessful and gave my a Vend code so that i could put it on myself via my IHD. The credit went on instantly so don't give up hope. 

Userlevel 1

after over a week  i got through to ovo energy  and was told  a  voucher  was being sent 

and was given a code to take with it plus id  i still think something is not right   i have had 

5 payments no problem all were put on automatic  and now a voucher it is now 11days in 

march  they have no right to hold payments  to people who are relying on these payment

they should be ashamed  i bet the boss of that company  is not sat with blankets round him to keep warm 

I'm still waiting for my march payment not had it yet

Absolutely shambles not had mine yet for march other 5 payment was on the 3rd each month spoke to ovo to be told wait another 14 days then ring back if then not received it unacceptable people really on these payments each month total joke and I'll be switching supplies when the government stop paying out the money total disgrace 

Userlevel 2

I’m ex SSE and usually receive a voucher via regular mail, I haven’t received mine for March either. 

Userlevel 2

Absolutely shambles not had mine yet for march other 5 payment was on the 3rd each month spoke to ovo to be told wait another 14 days then ring back if then not received it unacceptable people really on these payments each month total joke and I'll be switching supplies when the government stop paying out the money total disgrace 

You said it all, mate.  The stalling, the excuses, the bad advice, all the errors on SSE’s own website, it’s painful.  I even got a letter from SSE this morning and thought “at last!” but when I opened it, it was just an “annual electricity summary” which even contained the advice  “Remember, it might be worth thinking about switching your supplier”.  I rang SSE instead and got redirect to a web page on their website that doesn’t exist.  The page it showed instead still thinks it’s 2022, as all of their pages do.  What a shambles this whole March voucher payment has been.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The page it showed instead still thinks it’s 2022, as all of their pages do.

I have requested this to be fixed.

Userlevel 2

The page it showed instead still thinks it’s 2022, as all of their pages do.

I have requested this to be fixed.

Good luck, I alerted them about the error in mid-January.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, for something like this it’s not about what you know and really more about who you know.

I know someone I can flag this to who can directly flag it to the right person. I’ve sent them a message this evening and I suspect it’ll probably get fixed within days.

Userlevel 1

I am still waiting for the top up and an honest reason to why we are having to wait. Poor customer service  and very frustrating having to constantly chase them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I am still waiting for the top up and an honest reason to why we are having to wait. Poor customer service  and very frustrating having to constantly chase them.

You are better posting on the ovo Twitter or Facebook feeds as the ovo staff their can access your accounts to see what might be happening in each specific case.

No one on here can access your accounts.

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

It has not impacted all customers so i doubt you will ever see anything detailed posted on this customer forum about it. 

What did the ovo  Support team say last time you contacted them?

I’ve not received this month’s- (March 2023)- energy support scheme discount. It’s now 14th March but the discount still hasn’t been applied to my smart meter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Another one

Userlevel 2

You said I see OVO have already told you it may take until the end of March for you to get this final 67 before the scheme closes. It is the 14th today, so a couple of weeks still to go. 

I am not sure there is anything else you can do, as that will mean the payment is still made in March. 

I’m not even on a Smart Meter, I normally receive the vouchers via regular post but still haven’t received it for this March.  This is what I’m been told so far;

”The voucher will be with you in the first few days of March”

“It will be with you before the 11th March”

“It will be with you in the first 14 days of March but that’s not including weekends so it may not be with you until around the 20th”

and now you saying 

“It is the 14th today, so a couple more weeks still to go”.

At what point does someone from OVO/SSE take responsibility for all this and just get the vouchers sent out ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You said I see OVO have already told you it may take until the end of March for you to get this final 67 before the scheme closes. It is the 14th today, so a couple of weeks still to go. 

I am not sure there is anything else you can do, as that will mean the payment is still made in March. 

I’m not even on a Smart Meter, I normally receive the vouchers via regular post but still haven’t received it for this March.  This is what I’m been told so far;

”The voucher will be with you in the first few days of March”

“It will be with you before the 11th March”

“It will be with you in the first 14 days of March but that’s not including weekends so it may not be with you until around the 20th”

and now you saying 

“It is the 14th today, so a couple more weeks still to go”.

At what point does someone from OVO/SSE take responsibility for all this and just get the vouchers sent out ?

@RoyalNW5 

From the guidance given by the government, so 11 working days nearly up. 

Suppliers should seek to ensure that vouchers reach customers within 11 working days of the start of the scheme month.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/energy-bills-support-scheme-guidance-for-electricity-suppliers

Userlevel 2

@RoyalNW5

11 working days is tomorrow.   OVO/SSE’s telephone support - and you - have already said it could be the end of the month.  Which is it? It sounds like everyone at OVO/SSE is just guessing at something which is entirely their responsibility to fulfil.

OVO/SSE.  If your customers were your management, you’d all be unemployed by the end of March.   Stop taking wild guesses at what your own jobs’ responsibilities are and get the payments sent out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@RoyalNW5

11 working days is tomorrow.   OVO/SSE’s telephone support - and you - have already said it could be the end of the month.  Which is it? It sounds like everyone at OVO/SSE is just guessing at something which is entirely their responsibility to fulfil.

OVO/SSE.  If your customers were your management, you’d all be unemployed by the end of March.   Stop taking wild guesses at what your own jobs’ responsibilities are and get the payments sent out.

I DON'T WORK FOR OVO OR SSE I AM. JUST A CUSTOMER LIKE YOU.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Likewise, I also wish to remind all users of this forum that I too am just an OVO customer who helps out here. WE DO NOT have access to your accounts or internal systems at all.

Userlevel 1

hi update on the on going problem with ovo energy and  the goverment  £66 pound  

have been told that a voucher was sent on the 3rd march it is now the 15th  asked why it was not done automatic  it was because of the change over from sse to ovo  wich i think they are lying  only this morning  i  did a top up  gas and electric  nothing put on the meter waited 5hrs still nothing then had to phone them  spoke to a indian  lady with very bad english and noisy back ground this company is a joke

Userlevel 2

@RoyalNW5

I DON'T WORK FOR OVO OR SSE I AM. JUST A CUSTOMER LIKE YOU

It wasn’t posted at you, that’s why I put “OVO/SSE” in front of the complaint. 

I am waiting too, had to fight for my december payment as they cancelled  the voucher as it arrived more than 3 weeks after posting it. 

No postal strikes so ovo must be holding on to it to get the interest from the banks.

A complete shambles and frankly disgusting. The government should hold OVO/SSE accountable and somebody deserves sacking for this incompetency. Obviously, the energy suppliers themselves cannot be trusted with paying the bills support scheme discount. The treasury should’ve cut out the middle man and paid people directly themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sigh… I’ve said this 100 times before but I guess I’ll say it again.

OVO cannot keep even 1p of interest from the EBSS government money. ALL of it has to go back at the end of the scheme. OVO can’t even keep any back to cover their own costs, so this is actually costing OVO money, not making it.

Userlevel 1

hi update on the on going problem with ovo energy and  the goverment  £66 pound  

have been told that a voucher was sent on the 3rd march it is now the 15th  asked why it was not done automatic  it was because of the change over from sse to ovo  wich i think they are lying  only this morning  i  did a top up  gas and electric  nothing put on the meter waited 5hrs still nothing then had to phone them  spoke to a indian  lady with very bad english and noisy back ground this company is a joke

Did the Top Up actually in the end? How did you attempt to Top Up, by using the OVO App? I’ve been avoiding doing it via the OVO APP too! Im going to use my old cards and Top Up Via meter with the voucher code.

Still nothing here, I tried to call and had no joy getting through. Has anyone had it yet or are they issuing vouchers to everyone? 

Thanks