Solved

Password reset error - how do I log in on the new online system?

Hi, I am trying to log into My Ovo, but it needs me to reset my password because Ovo have moved the account to their new online system. 

I get the email to reset my password and click through and write a new one and then get an error that says “Your password reset link is invalid or expired.”

I have tried sending a new reset link over 10 times and tried different devices. What am I meant to do as I am now late submitting meter readings. 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 9 March 2020, 17:21

Updated on 21/09/20: We’ve now made a change so that password reset emails selected via the login page last 6 hours. Please make sure to check your junk and spam folders if you can’t find your email, and if it doesn’t work within the 6 hours, or you haven’t received it after inputting the correct email address, please reach out to our Support team for advice. 

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 6

Updated on 21/09/20: We’ve now made a change so that password reset emails selected via the login page last 6 hours. Please make sure to check your junk and spam folders if you can’t find your email, and if it doesn’t work within the 6 hours, or you haven’t received it after inputting the correct email address, please reach out to our Support team for advice. 

Hi @Nancy_OVO 

I am clicked immediately after receiving the link. 

I do not have Facebook. I guess I will have to call?

Userlevel 6

You can message the team if you didn’t want to call, @vinn2020,  through FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

In the password reset link email we’ve sent there will be an alternative link at the bottom which is quite long - this link will work if the main one doesn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @vinn2020 

I know I say this a lot on this forum but 9/10 it is the issue. Try opening the link via private browsing. What web browser do you use? Internet explorer, Google chrome, Safari, Firefox, Brave, Opera?

Regards

I have just been sent email saying need to change password as account having new online system. Was a little wary as it stated direct debit would be stopped and then reinstated. I decided to go into account from old genuine email and this said same so changed password. Can anyone please clarify that this is genuine as seems little odd to just send email asking for password change albeit looks genuine. Thanks

It is a genuine email unfortunately.  The new site is not an improvement on the old one.  

The new OVO website is  covered here :-  https://forum.ovoenergy.com/new-ovo-smart-meter-experience-116/new-ovo-website-account-experience-7324

Cheers for info

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Peg The entire Billing System is new and has been gradually brought into being during the past 3 months.

OVO’s software is now developed and managed in-house rather than them buying into a 3rd-party product.

You did exactly the right thing by logging in first using your old ID & Password. I wish more people took this basic precaution!  Have a gold star :star:

Thankyou

I have been having problems accesing my on=line access, I have tried to reset my password this has not worked, I don`t get a link to reset, I spoke to a member of OVO staff still no joy. I like to reguarly check my account on line one of the benifits of online, if I cannot do this I will look at swapping to another suppler

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

hello @Gorbo 

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried looking into your Spam/Junk folder? Also what email service are you using? Gmail? Yahoo? Sky? BT?

Yes I have tried all that, I use gmail which I have been using for years

Userlevel 5

@Gorbo - I’ve moved your post over here so you can have a look at the previous advice.

Have a read of the comments above, and if you still can’t it working getting in touch, as listed above. 

I have done that, this has been going on for some time, I lodged an error on 26/04/2020, on hello@ovo

I have not been able to access my account since then

Userlevel 5

I’d recommend trying to contact us through social media if you can, @Gorbo. We can respond much quicker and can get to the root of the problem to solve it for you.

If you don’t have social media, it may be worth sending a follow-up email to get an update.

Tried that no joy, will OVO waiver the exit fee! this has gone on long enough time to change compaines

Userlevel 7

Tried that no joy, 

It’s a real shame that this still isn’t sorted, @Gorbo 

It’s not clear if you’re not getting responses to your emails or social media posts, or if the issue can’t be fixed when you speak to our support teams. One thing’s for sure, our community won’t be able to diagnose this issue or update you on any outstanding tickets with our online portal teams. I’d recommend you reach out to our Support team (call, email or social media, see details above) for an update on the issue and also to discuss your exit fees. We won’t be able to help with either here. 

Please come back to update us though. If someone else has the same issue, they’d benefit from knowing the outcome. 

T