Solved

My smart meter display screen is blank - is it broken?

• 9 January 2018
  • 7 replies

My smart meter is blank when i look at it? Last time i looked, which i dont normally, it was to take a reading as they said they couldnt do it from their end, i just read it and they sent a bill for 3 months which it looks like i will be doing again at the beginning of Feb. But it was working then i just took the readings. Is this normal? My IHD appears to be working ok?
By the way OVO i read if i give you the serial number of my meter you can let me know my economy 7 times so here it is. Thank you. 17P0125870
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 12 January 2018, 12:02

My smart meter is blank when i look at it?

The screen will be blank (or 'asleep') until you press a button on the keypad. Press A, to wake the screen up and 9 to get a reading. More info on this here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters-smart-products-33/how-do-i-read-my-smart-meter-360.

Tim
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
My smart meter is blank when i look at it?

The screen will be blank (or 'asleep') until you press a button on the keypad. Press A, to wake the screen up and 9 to get a reading. More info on this here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters-smart-products-33/how-do-i-read-my-smart-meter-360.

Tim
Thanks Tim, silly question then really, i thought it wasnt working but yes thanks so much.
the screen on the meter is blank and i have lost current usage on my monitor. How do I get them both back?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@fin I'll step in here as our other users have gone shy.

The meter screen will go into 'sleep' mode after a while. Press 'B' to wake it up.

As for the In Home Display (IHD) there is an ongoing issue effecting Daily usage figures on My OVO. If this is what's missing, we're working on it!

Tim
Hi I got my smart metre in about 9 months ago with first utility ,I changed too M&S it stopped working they sent someone out too read metre,but still don't work blank screens on gas and electricity what's going on,I have tried Pressing A-9 screen lit but then regect came on then went blank again any ideas thanks ray
Hi has Tim gone silent lol
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Rayyoung,

Sounds like it stopped working when you moved to M&S as it may not have been a compatible model of smart meter. If that's the case, we might not have connected with it and loaded it onto our systems either.

Probably needs a bit more investigation, though. Drop the team on Facebook a message with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to check everything's running smoothly.

Nancy

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings