Solved

Gas Serial Number and type wrong on XOSERVE

Show first post

43 replies

See for yourselves, I've redacted personal information obviously and the handlers name for privacy along with case ref etc 

But you can see, no update has been sent despite OVO telling me they have last week.  Can't make these lies hold when I am checking the issues with other people. The lies need to stop, I want to move supplier and I can't because of this mess. This is not the only issue I've got but it's the main one!

I'm preparing for a legal case against OVO energy, I'm not going to be further messed about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Kraken,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

The internal process for changing an address on Xoserve is to fill in a form, the process takes 10 working days. So II think there must be an additional problem that is stopping this from going ahead. 

Does the address that you want it changed to match the Royal Mail? Is there any confusion as to if that is your supply/meter? Would be be reliant on any other provider to get this updated? Have you recently had a meter exchange or had one with a previous supplier that may not have been updated? 

Let’s get to the bottom of this. 

Out of curiosity, is this a form directly in the Xoserve IT system that the OVO staff member fills in @Emmanuelle_OVO

Hey @Kraken,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

The internal process for changing an address on Xoserve is to fill in a form, the process takes 10 working days. So II think there must be an additional problem that is stopping this from going ahead. 

Does the address that you want it changed to match the Royal Mail? Is there any confusion as to if that is your supply/meter? Would be be reliant on any other provider to get this updated? Have you recently had a meter exchange or had one with a previous supplier that may not have been updated? 

Let’s get to the bottom of this. 

Out of curiosity, is this a form directly in the Xoserve IT system that the OVO staff member fills in @Emmanuelle_OVO

What I've been told is there's a Historic change form related to SSE for the changes needed for the MSN and meter type.  What is further confusing is on or around the 1st of May OVO internal systems got updated with the correct MSN and meter type.  However, the XOSERVE side as far as they have told me was submitted "with no timescale provided" for this to be updated, again, drawing reference to SSE apparently being the issue.  That update came on 15th March 2023.

Yesterday, spoke to someone called William who said an update was sent on the 9th June 2023 to XOSERVE, however, today I found out this is not the case, rang into speak to the OVO ombudsman department again and the lady confirmed she couldn't see any such updates related to XOSERVE.  Sick of being lied to, hope these calls are recorded when it's requested as evidence.

My view is that OVO Gas Ltd are the supplier against the meter and are therefore responsible for updating this detail in a more timely manner than seen presently.

No one at OVO.seems to know what they are doing, keep being told it's escalated to their metering team, the feel of this is that team is "one person" or fictional at best! 

OVO know I want to move supplier, them delaying this process above only serves to give them more money from me as a customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Kraken i only asked @Emmanuelle_OVO  the question just to get clarity on the generic process as I thought it may help other posters in the future. 

There isn't much else that the ovo moderators can do as they don't have access to your account. 

In your shoes, I think i would ask OVO for a screen shot from the Xoserve IT System that shows OVO have submitted the request or ask OVO for a copy of an email from Xoserve confirming they have at least received the request. Basically some positive physical confirmation from Xoserve via OVO. I would be after some physical proof of the actions taken. I think that is a reasonable request for a customer to make in these circumstances. 

@Kraken i only asked @Emmanuelle_OVO  the question just to get clarity on the generic process as I thought it may help other posters in the future. 

There isn't much else that the ovo moderators can do as they don't have access to your account. 

In your shoes, I think i would ask OVO for a screen shot from the Xoserve IT System that shows OVO have submitted the request or ask OVO for a copy of an email from Xoserve confirming they have at least received the request. Basically some positive physical confirmation from Xoserve via OVO. I would be after some physical proof of the actions taken. I think that is a reasonable request for a customer to make in these circumstances. 

I did ask and they refuse to provide anything tangible sadly. Just more and more lies and delay on their part sadly :-(

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kraken,

I’ve asked Forum_Support to look into this for you.

It sounds like it’s potentially more complex. I’m wondering if the issue may be that the wrong Meter Serial Number which has been passed across to OVO. So they also need to update it on their systems and potentially re-bill the account?

However, I don’t have access to your account so I’m just casting assumptions based on the information you’ve provided. 

Hey @Kraken,

I’ve asked Forum_Support to look into this for you.

It sounds like it’s potentially more complex as you’ve mentioned SSE need to make an update. I’m wondering if the issue may be that SSE had the wrong Meter Serial Number which has been passed across to OVO. So they also need to update it on their systems and potentially re-bill the account?

However, I don’t have access to your account so I’m just casting assumptions based on the information you’ve provided. 

So the supply was migrated in Jan 2023 before I moved into the property and therefore not my responsibility.  I believe they said they filled in this historic change form but no one's saying how long it will take to fix.  At this point a new gas meter would be Quicker!

It's driving me insane and affected my health badly, suing OVO is my only last defence in this issue. The ombudsman is doing very little to communicate with me too.

OVO are responsible for the supply, not SSE, we can see OVO Gas Ltd listed as supplier, it's nonsense to say a previous supply is responsible for that fix of information when the supplier is OVO!

Your internal systems are updated, why not the national database?????!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just because it says OVO Gas Ltd on Xoserve doesn’t mean OVO is the supplier. Licenses can be shared between suppliers in some cases and Xoserve will only show the parent supplier rather than the child supplier, reseller or white label supplier in those cases.

An example. ECOES will show OVO Electricity Ltd as the Supplier whether you’re on OVO, Boost or SSE because they all share the OVO Electricity Ltd license.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Jeffus 

They said it was migrated from SSE in January or something close to that. Previous occupiers were with SSE not OVO energy.

This was a migration like how some other companies have been doing when they stop consumer services.

Beyond that no idea what's going on :-(

Interesting. Just in case this helps. 

That doesn't make sense @Kraken 

1. If the account was migrated from SSE to OVO in January, then the previous occupiers would have been with OVO but you said they were with SSE. 

2. If the previous occupiers were with SSE, then you would have first had a contract with SSE, then you could have switched to another supplier (if the meter issue wasn't there) or waited to have been migrated to OVO.

You have to go with the incumbent supplier first, although you can then start a switch straight away.

Be interesting to delve to see exactly what happened when you first contacted OVO to sign up. Did they sign you up as the property was already with OVO or did they do it as a switch from SSE to OVO. 

Xoserve may tell you (i don't know) when the meter switched between SSE and OVO if it is difficult to get clear answers from OVO.

I do wonder if you are caught up in some migration process issue based on all your posts.

Obviously that is no excuse for OVO not sorting out the issues or clearly communicating what is going on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just because it says OVO Gas Ltd on Xoserve doesn’t mean OVO is the supplier. Licenses can be shared between suppliers in some cases and Xoserve will only show the parent supplier rather than the child supplier, reseller or white label supplier in those cases.

An example. ECOES will show OVO Electricity Ltd as the Supplier whether you’re on OVO, Boost or SSE because they all share the OVO Electricity Ltd license.

@Blastoise186 

Interesting

Do these differentiate between ovo see boost when used to find out who your supplier is?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/moving-home-your-energy-supply/find-out-who-your-gas-or-electricity-supplier-is/

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nope. It all comes from the same sources ultimately.

Hi @Jeffus 

They said it was migrated from SSE in January or something close to that. Previous occupiers were with SSE not OVO energy.

This was a migration like how some other companies have been doing when they stop consumer services.

Beyond that no idea what's going on :-(

Interesting. Just in case this helps. 

That doesn't make sense @Kraken 

1. If the account was migrated from SSE to OVO in January, then the previous occupiers would have been with OVO but you said they were with SSE. 

2. If the previous occupiers were with SSE, then you would have first had a contract with SSE, then you could have switched to another supplier (if the meter issue wasn't there) or waited to have been migrated to OVO.

You have to go with the incumbent supplier first, although you can then start a switch straight away.

Be interesting to delve to see exactly what happened when you first contacted OVO to sign up. Did they sign you up as the property was already with OVO or did they do it as a switch from SSE to OVO. 

Xoserve may tell you (i don't know) when the meter switched between SSE and OVO if it is difficult to get clear answers from OVO.

I do wonder if you are caught up in some migration process issue based on all your posts.

Obviously that is no excuse for OVO not sorting out the issues or clearly communicating what is going on. 

Hiya!

We had letters for the occupier for OVO energy, the supply was moved while the house was left vacant.  Old tenants paid their SSE bills off and left in November 2022.

We weren't with SSE ever, as I say we signed up on the 27th Feb 2023 as OVO was the supplier for the address, I checked online to be sure.

So basically

1. No one was living here from November 2022 to February 2023 

2. Was already switched to OVO energy as per letters for occupiers

At no point have we been with SSE, just to be clear :-)

Cheers

Ya but I've had it confirmed by XOSERVE as OVO Gas Ltd being the entity responsible for the update of details. XOSERVE have never noted or said SSE at all in any correspondence, if that was an issue they would have said as you've got to select your supplier when raising a ticket to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nope. It all comes from the same sources ultimately.

@Blastoise186 

Do you think gas may be different? 

1. From OVO website

Who will supply my energy?

As SSE Energy Services joined the OVO family in 2020, OVO (S) Gas Ltd and OVO Electricity Ltd have been your suppliers of gas and electricity for a while.

Once you move to OVO, if you have a gas account, this will change from OVO (S) Gas Ltd to OVO Gas Ltd.

But there’s no change to your electricity and this continues to be supplied by OVO Electricity Ltd.

2. Supplied by Xoserve. All current live participants

2. Supplied by Ofgem, all current live licences

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Maybe, it’s a complicated situation right now.

Maybe, it’s a complicated situation right now.

No, it's just idiocy at the highest level! OVO are getting sued into oblivion for this mess!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gonna be a bit honest and blunt with you here. The legal system is slow and attempting to sue OVO is not going to be the quick fix you might think it is. I can tell you from experience with unrelated matters (nothing OVO related) that it can take well over a year for such cases to get resolved. And then you’d still have to wait for the resolution to be implemented.

You’re also very unlikely to get anywhere near as much compensation as you seem to be hoping for. I hate to burst that bubble, but it’s true - there’s strict limits. The most you’ll probably get is maybe £1,000 or so. Do not go in expecting more, otherwise you will be disappointed.

And if you lose, the costs are eyewatering, especially if the other side gets costs awarded against you. You could even lose your entire house over it. I’m literally talking five digit sums here.

You seriously need to consider the risk vs reward ratio. Personally, I feel the risk is too high to justify the potential reward and I wouldn’t go for it if it were me.

It’s not the recommended route for something like this. If you want the fastest solution, it seems that someone is already working on that.

I maintain my stance that the situation is complicated right now as OVO is in the process of merging multiple brands and suppliers into one.

Gonna be a bit honest and blunt with you here. The legal system is slow and attempting to sue OVO is not going to be the quick fix you might think it is. I can tell you from experience with unrelated matters (nothing OVO related) that it can take well over a year for such cases to get resolved. And then you’d still have to wait for the resolution to be implemented.

You’re also very unlikely to get anywhere near as much compensation as you seem to be hoping for. I hate to burst that bubble, but it’s true - there’s strict limits. The most you’ll probably get is maybe £1,000 or so. Do not go in expecting more, otherwise you will be disappointed.

And if you lose, the costs are eyewatering, especially if the other side gets costs awarded against you. You could even lose your entire house over it. I’m literally talking five digit sums here.

You seriously need to consider the risk vs reward ratio. Personally, I feel the risk is too high to justify the potential reward and I wouldn’t go for it if it were me.

It’s not the recommended route for something like this. If you want the fastest solution, it seems that someone is already working on that.

I maintain my stance that the situation is complicated right now as OVO is in the process of merging multiple brands and suppliers into one.

I am quite happy to sue them and no excuses under the sun can justify their mishandling of this case. Absolutely a bunch of incompetent clowns.