Solved

Gas Serial Number and type wrong on XOSERVE

So OVO Energy are my supplier (not by choice) and I moved into my house on the 27th Feb 2023.  Setup my electric account and didn't have time to get the gas done in the same call.

Later ended up with a second account (told they couldn't add gas to electric account).  Later checked and noticed meter wasn't sending readings so went to do a manual one.  Noticed that the serial number on the OVO energy account was wrong so reported it straight away. This was reported on the 7th March 2023.  A case was raised apparently for a historic change from SSE and I am told there is no time scale for this being resolved.   The issue is holding me from moving supplier and OVO are doing nothing to fix this.  OVO say SSE need to fix this but OVO are my gas supplier so surely they should rectify this if there's a deadlock or actually just do a meter exchange and sort the issue out! Why this has to be so complicated is insanity!

They also have the meter as being SMET1 on XOSERVE and it's actually supposed to be SMET2. Two digits are wrong in my serial number.

Do any OVO staff members actually have any authority to deal with this? I've got an active complaint open and nothing is being done to fix things. 9 weeks in now and no further forward.

icon

Best answer by Kraken 15 June 2023, 13:20

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Kraken 

Welcome to the customer forum, i am just a customer like you

There are no ovo staff on the forum who can access your account

If it is 8 weeks since an official complaint was raised you can ask the Energy Ombudsman for help

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

Looking at similar threads on the forum, OVO have always said only the current supplier can make the changes, so in this case OVO, with 4 weeks quoted for the changes.

So it is unclear why OVO are asking or waiting for SSE to complete a historical change or why it has taken over twice as long.

Is OVO registered as the gas supplier on XOSERVE

Hi @Jeffus 

It's already with the ombudsman since Friday gone. 

They've given no timescale for resolution, they say SSE needs to fix the issue and update XOSERVE and no timescale provided for doing so.

OVO Gas Ltd is the registered supplier for my meter point reference according to XOSERVE.  None of this makes any sense why the delay, it's criminal behaviour to hold a customer as a hostage of a service.

This also further cement's the fact that OVO energy are giving me incorrect information and making me intentionally inconvenienced.

I do hope someone with seniority reads these forums, your company are atrocious at handling customer complaints and issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This also further cement's the fact that OVO energy are giving me incorrect information and making me intentionally inconvenienced.

I do hope someone with seniority reads these forums, your company are atrocious at handling customer complaints and issues.

Hi @Kraken

There are 3 ovo moderators, all have the suffix _OVO. They read every message, and reply to quite a lot, although they can't access OVO accounts so their posted replies wil be generic

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Jeffus 

It's already with the ombudsman since Friday gone. 

They've given no timescale for resolution, they say SSE needs to fix the issue and update XOSERVE and no timescale provided for doing so.

OVO Gas Ltd is the registered supplier for my meter point reference according to XOSERVE.  None of this makes any sense why the delay, it's criminal behaviour to hold a customer as a hostage of a service.

Hi @Kraken 

So you are definitely registered with OVO. 

SSE is OVO (S) Gas Limited

OVO is OVO Gas Limited

Hi @Jeffus 

That's right, if I check my MPRN on the database with XOSERVE the provider is OVO Gas Ltd, no sign of (S).

This has been my argument with OVO energy since the beginning of March.  They say SSE needs to do the update but looking at the supplier it's actually OVO who needs to do this, not SSE.

I am beyond frustrated with them now, as I say the update I got was the last information was on the 16th March to say they submitted some historic change form to SSE but no timeframe for this to be done.

Hopefully the Energy Ombudsman can resolve this but it will mean more than likely another 10 weeks or more in absolute limbo.   I've also no open accounts or means to send smart meter readings so I'm left to take photos :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Jeffus 

That's right, if I check my MPRN on the database with XOSERVE the provider is OVO Gas Ltd, no sign of (S).

This has been my argument with OVO energy since the beginning of March.  They say SSE needs to do the update but looking at the supplier it's actually OVO who needs to do this, not SSE.

I am beyond frustrated with them now, as I say the update I got was the last information was on the 16th March to say they submitted some historic change form to SSE but no timeframe for this to be done.

Hopefully the Energy Ombudsman can resolve this but it will mean more than likely another 10 weeks or more in absolute limbo.   I've also no open accounts or means to send smart meter readings so I'm left to take photos :-(

Hi @Kraken 

I wonder what date the gas meter transferred to OVO. Have they told you that? 

Do you know if the previous occupants were with OVO? 

Hi @Jeffus 

They said it was migrated from SSE in January or something close to that. Previous occupiers were with SSE not OVO energy.

This was a migration like how some other companies have been doing when they stop consumer services.

Beyond that no idea what's going on :-(

Userlevel 6

Hey @Kraken 

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having getting the details updated.

Do you know if the Meter Serial Number was updated incorrectly, if at all, after the most recent meter exchange? I understand from what you’ve said this may have taken place before you took over, so if you’re not sure don’t worry. 

It may be that those details were input incorrectly when they updated the details following the last meter exchange, or it may be that they’ve not been updated at all and still need to be changed. 

Considering it is down as SMETS 1 when you say it should be SMETS 2 on XOSERVE, may mean that this is the cause. Have they asked you for a photo of the meter for the case? If they’ve not I might suggest sending a photo to them, as this will be clear that the details are incorrect.

Hey @Kraken 

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having getting the details updated.

Do you know if the Meter Serial Number was updated incorrectly, if at all, after the most recent meter exchange? I understand from what you’ve said this may have taken place before you took over, so if you’re not sure don’t worry. 

It may be that those details were input incorrectly when they updated the details following the last meter exchange, or it may be that they’ve not been updated at all and still need to be changed. 

Considering it is down as SMETS 1 when you say it should be SMETS 2 on XOSERVE, may mean that this is the cause. Have they asked you for a photo of the meter for the case? If they’ve not I might suggest sending a photo to them, as this will be clear that the details are incorrect.

No offense and thanks for your reply but as per my message opening this thread the details were provided to OVO energy on the 7th March, they have done nothing since the 16th of march to fix this issue. Constantly chasing my own tail for answers and a resolution.

OVO say SSE need to fix it, SSE are NOT my gas supplier, OVO Gas Ltd is (without the S)

Userlevel 6

Hey @Kraken 

That’s quite alright, none taken. 🙂

As we don’t have account access here, I just wanted to find out as much information as we could to see if there are other options or directions we can point you towards, but I totally understand you’ve covered everything with the Support Team, and you’ve now got this with the Ombudsman. It’s a shame for it to need to go that far but hopefully they can help you resolve it.

It's a shame OVO won't just fix the Xoserve details , they have now appeared to show the correct MSN for the gas on OVO systems but no one's taking ownership to get the national database updated.

Please pass this to someone senior in your business I want someone to sort this today!

Userlevel 6

Hey @Kraken

I’m really sorry that the situation is still ongoing.

We don’t have access to accounts here at the Forum so we wouldn’t be able to pass this on to the Support Team for you. I’d suggest getting back in touch with them to get Xoserve updated, I know that it can take a bit of time for this to change as it’s an external system used by all suppliers, so our Support Team can only make the request for the details to be updated.

Issue still not fixed, OVO are a disgrace! You are legally responsible for ensuring these meter details are correct and you've done nothing to fix it since march 7th 2023!

Utter shambles of a business, the sooner I can get away the better! This companies horrific in all aspects!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Issue still not fixed, OVO are a disgrace! You are legally responsible for ensuring these meter details are correct and you've done nothing to fix it since march 7th 2023!

Utter shambles of a business, the sooner I can get away the better! This companies horrific in all aspects!

I see it has been with the Energy Ombudsman over a month now. Any communication from them? 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kraken,

Really sorry to hear your issue is still unresolved.

We don’t have access to your account, so wouldn’t be able to give an explanation for the delay but to simply change an address on Xoserve wouldn’t take as long as this, so it sounds like there might be something else at play here. 

Jeffus has given some helpful advice here.

Hey @Kraken,

Really sorry to hear your issue is still unresolved.

We don’t have access to your account, so wouldn’t be able to give an explanation for the delay but to simply change an address on Xoserve wouldn’t take as long as this, so it sounds like there might be something else at play here. 

Jeffus has given some helpful advice here:

Hi @Kraken 

Welcome to the customer forum, i am just a customer like you

There are no ovo staff on the forum who can access your account

If it is 8 weeks since an official complaint was raised you can ask the Energy Ombudsman for help

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

Looking at similar threads on the forum, OVO have always said only the current supplier can make the changes, so in this case OVO, with 4 weeks quoted for the changes.

So it is unclear why OVO are asking or waiting for SSE to complete a historical change or why it has taken over twice as long.

Is OVO registered as the gas supplier on XOSERVE

The issue is incompetence, nothing more than this.

I'm going to be suing OVO energy at this stage.

I see it has been with the Energy Ombudsman over a month now. Any communication from them? 

Nothing whatsoever, the resolution date in the case is 12th July but I've had no update from anyone at all.  It's appalling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nothing whatsoever, the resolution date in the case is 12th July but I've had no update from anyone at all.  It's appalling.

The Energy Industry as a whole isn't often known for a speedy response unfortunately.....

Am not sure if OVO batch up changes to Xoserve, how frequent the batches are and then how frequently Xoserve then update their systems.. Basically how long a normal change takes to process. 

Be interesting to know if OVO have actually submitted the change, but i suspect it would be difficult to get an OVO front line support person to categorically confirm that.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kraken,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

The internal process for changing an address on Xoserve is to fill in a form, the process takes 10 working days. So II think there must be an additional problem that is stopping this from going ahead. 

Does the address that you want it changed to match the Royal Mail? Is there any confusion as to if that is your supply/meter? Would be be reliant on any other provider to get this updated? Have you recently had a meter exchange or had one with a previous supplier that may not have been updated? 

Let’s get to the bottom of this. 

Hey @Kraken,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

The internal process for changing an address on Xoserve is to fill in a form, the process takes 10 working days. So II think there must be an additional problem that is stopping this from going ahead. 

Does the address that you want it changed to match the Royal Mail? Is there any confusion as to if that is your supply/meter? Would be be reliant on any other provider to get this updated? Have you recently had a meter exchange or had one with a previous supplier that may not have been updated? 

Let’s get to the bottom of this. 

Ask your staff and colleagues, it's not my problem to fix. I've sent all details to your company and they've lied and done NOTHING to fix the issue!

Your internal systems now show the correct MSN and meter type but you've not updated XOSERVE still! Why?!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kraken,

Glad to hear our internal systems now show the correct meter serial number. 

I don’t have access to customer accounts on the Forum, I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out. 

Hope this helps.

Hey @Kraken,

I don’t have access to customer accounts on the Forum, I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out. 

Hope this helps.

Its not updated on XOSERVE, that's the issue and why so much delays?

Nothing on this issue is to be glad about, it's been an utter shambles, I'd urge anyone with OVO to leave! They have no duty of care to customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Kraken,

Hope this helps.

Nothing on this issue is to be glad about, it's been an utter shambles, I'd urge anyone with OVO to leave! They have no duty of care to customers.

Keep an eye out for a message here from Forum_Support

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Hey @Kraken,

Hope this helps.

Keep an eye out for a message here from Forum_Support

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Yea, replied that that, I've also spoke to XOSERVE today and they have not received any information from OVO on this despite the guy yesterday in OVOs ombudsman team telling me they sent the update to XOSERVE on Friday the 9th of June 2023.

More lies again, it's exhausting!