Solved

When will I receive my £30 compensation for a missed engineer appointment?

• 21 December 2017
  • 83 replies

Show first post

83 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @2437106,

I’m really sorry for the issues you’re having, it sounds very frustrating. 

You mention you’re unable to read the meter yourself, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful, it means you can book in meter readers to come and read the meter on your behalf. 

I understand that this doesn’t resolve the issues of your meters not communicating with OVO, but it’ll offer a temporary solution to ensure you have accurate bills until this is resoved. 

You have to keep at them, remember to claim£30 for each missed appointment aswell as aGSOP payment

Userlevel 7

Yes, doddie is right, you may be eligible for a GSOP payment!

Before this can be applied, we’ll have to make sure that you meet the full eligibility for this industry regulated compensation. Examples of when we would pay GSOP are: 

• An engineer misses an appointment
  • An engineer arrives after the agreed appointment time (outside the 4-hour time slot given to you)
  • The installer or OVO cancels an appointment at short notice (less than 24 hours before the agreed start time on a working day)
  • The engineer is unable to complete the work because they were missing ‘standard’ equipment or arrived with the wrong equipment (when there had been prior notification of what was needed - this must be cross-referenced with the booking to ensure it was booked correctly)
  • An appointment did not go ahead due to an agent booking error
  • System errors such as auto cancellation and not receiving cancellation notification.

Arranged a smart meter installation for the 15th March but no turned up, rearranged for today but once again the engineer didn't show up. My prepayment meter has gone into non disconnect mode and I am now worried that I am going to end up with a massive bill to pay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Mandyvog58 ,

I’d say please top-up for now and ask Support to re-arrange. You’ll probably get a £30 GSoP Payment as well for the trouble.

I spoke to someone at OVO and they told me not to top up, I also have a key with 20.00 credit on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha. Put the key into the meter as long as it’s yours - it’ll sort your supply out.

Userlevel 7

So sorry to hear about those missed appointments, @Mandyvog58. For any appointment that an engineer doesn’t arrive and you’re not given at least 48 hours notice, you’ll be owed compensation. You can arrange this via our Support team

My understanding of credit left on the meter at the point of a smart meter install is that it’s noted down by the engineer and will eventually get added to your smart meter. So there’s no need to risk going off supply whilst you wait for us to fulfill our promise to you for a smart meter installation.