Show first post

60 replies

Thanks for your clarification.

M

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for your clarification.

M

It does vary a lot by local authority, but they were gjven money by the government to make discretionary payments.

https://www.gov.uk/cost-living-help-local-council

My mum got quite a lot of aldi vouchers  from a council official when she attended a free coffee morning before Xmas at a local community centre, there was no eligibility criteria other than being a pensioner for her local authority. She didn't know anything about the scheme, she just goes there with a friend usually. 

So it may be worth asking your local authority if they have any of the money left and if you can qualify for any of it as not all local authorities use the same criteria unfortunately. 

Hi I've heard that engery prices will be dropping as from next month does this go for ovo too ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup! New rates will be available at https://plans.ovoenergy.com soon!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When I was a lad there was a joke about a child wanting a Cowboy outfit for Xmas so his Dad brought him British Leyland ……… today delete BL and insert Ovo.

Since when has September had 31 days?

Did not get an email from OVO about January charges, I thought they were supposed to email 

new prices. 

Badge

Same thing has happened every time the prices have changed. If you call OVO they will tell you what the new prices are. Pain I know but they are helpful when you call.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @mabels 

My email arrived on the 12th December and the email for my mother-in-law, whose account I manage, arrived on the 14th December. Perhaps it went into the spam folder?

Peter

Badge

I have never had an email from OVO, so maybe I am just unlucky!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi

I also got an email on the 12th Dec informing the change