Solved

How do I contact OVO Energy?

• 13 March 2017
  • 63 replies

Show first post

63 replies

Trying to register a new account. Been calling 0330 303 5063 since Friday. Waited 30 mins on hold, called twice yesterday again on hold for 40 mins before giving up. Called again twice today, again 30 mins on hold… still nothing.

WhatsApp and Twitter messages don’t get replied to. Something is very wrong with this company. Wouldn’t be surprised if news surfaces that they’ve gone under.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @greenwood ,

Nope, OVO is in good shape right now. Try using https://switch.ovoenergy.com to get things going.

Or was it your online account you needed to set up? If so, it’s https://my.ovoenergy.com and then select the set up account option.

Hmm… they’re clearly not in good shape when it comes to answering the phone. In fact I would welcome you in joining me - try the number now for yourself. I’m already 20 mins in on my 3rd attempt.

The account number on our letter (addressed to The Occupier) isn’t being accepted when registering online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can’t set up online services if you don’t have a proper account yet. What website did you go to?

As for me getting through? I landed an agent in precisely 32.59 seconds from when the IVR put me in the queue on my first attempt. I timed it with a stopwatch. Soooo… Very good shape by the looks of things.

Userlevel 4

You have so much patience ! I don’t know how you do the job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hehehe, I’m used to it. 20+ years of forum experience combined with 10+ years in IT means I’ve got a lot more patience than people give me credit for. The fact I’m also undergoing scuba diving training right now (specifically BSAC Ocean Diver) also helps too - it’s the most relaxing thing ever!

Admittedly, my 32 seconds to get through is a bit of a hack. My OVO account has a flag on it that means I get automatically redirected to my Account Management Team squad by the system, rather than joining the general queue. Given that I share that squad with only a few thousand other members and the chances of every single one trying to get through at the same time are a million to one… It helps a lot.

It’s also a good indicator of things to come. OVO is still migrating the entire Support Team over to the new model at the moment, but once your account gets that flag, your experience is turbocharged.

It’s also great for proving there is a way to get through to OVO at rocket speeds. Even on a Monday morning if needs be!

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had getting through, @greenwood. It’s true that OVO is seeing unprecedented volumes of contact to our Support team, via phone, web chat and whatsapp. As you might imagine, very high prices and several government interventions being applied to account is driving new contact, and when it gets colder that’s always the busy time for energy companies. We’re doing our best to sort this.

In your case, I would recommend calling as we need verbal confirmation of the tariff you want. We’ll set up your account from the date you moved in, so come to the call ready with the date, the meter reading, and we’ll get it sorted. Today and later in the week tends to be quieter times to call: 0330 303 5063

Hi, has anyone emailed a complaint about a prepayment meter to OVO using this email address hellopayg@ovo.com ?  

I ask because I sent an email to complaints@ovoenergy.com and was told they could not deal as wrong sort of meter for them.  I emailed the   hellopayg@ovo.com email address and  I got a delivery failed email straight back saying I may not have permission to contact that group or group has been removed.  

TIA

Sammy

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

It’s actually hello@ovoenergy.com that you want. However, with that being said you’ll get a faster and better experience via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help or by calling 0330 175 9669 than you will via email.

Hi @Blastoise186 thanks for that.  The email address I used was given to me by the complaints team 🤦🏼

Userlevel 6

Hi @Sammy11 

Sorry you were misadvised there about the email address.

Blastoise186 has given the correct information there for you on how to get in touch with the team instead. 

You can also find all contact information for the Support Team here, including the correct email address, or on the webpage you’ll find more on ways to get help with your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Perhapa

Hi @Sammy11 

Sorry you were misadvised there about the email address.

Blastoise186 has given the correct information there for you on how to get in touch with the team instead. 

You can also find all contact information for the Support Team here, including the correct email address, or on the webpage you’ll find more on ways to get help with your account.

Perhaps I haven’t woken up

The poster wants a Complaints email address for ovo prepayment. 

Is the hello@ovoenergy.com the complaints address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Complaints get redirected there initially if a case isn’t currently open - but stay on the complaints inbox if one is open.