Get your Warm Home Discount queries answered here!

• 22 February 2017
  • 72 replies

Show first post

72 replies

Hey @Amaryllis ,

If you’re in Scotland, you need to apply manually. Otherwise it’s fully automated.

Thanks for replying. I’ve edited my post to include the fact that I’m too young to get it autoatically.

Or am i misunderstanding?

I live in England.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s a variety of case circumstances. 
You can check the scheme and details here https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

but I’m not sure that you can check to see if you’ve already applied. If you think you should get it, then follow the advice. No-one here has access to your account and so can’t check unfortunately. From my understanding, you should get a letter or perhaps an email

There’s a variety of case circumstances. 
You can check the scheme and details here https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

but I’m not sure that you can check to see if you’ve already applied. If you think you should get it, then follow the advice. No-one here has access to your account and so can’t check unfortunately. From my understanding, you should get a letter or perhaps an email

I’ve had the discount a few times - every time I’ve applied I’ve been given it.

It changes slightly every year wrt emails you get.

Does anyone know how it appeared on their bill this year? that would help me check if I’ve already had it this year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As with previous years, it’d appear under Charges in detail and would be instantly recognisable as being a Warm Home Discount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, it will be in the bottom part of the bill and will be taken off your energy cost so on first sight you may not notice. If you look at the detail as Blastoise says, it should be shown as Warm Home Discount

I applied for the warm home discount because I got a letter phoned both the number on letter and boost and I'm still waiting? I need it now not in summer , frightened to put heating on I have a 9 year old autistic boy that I also look after I suffer with osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia and this cold is really hurting me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Shell29878 ,

I’m really sorry to hear this. You said you’re with Boost, so have you tried the Live Chat via their homepage at https://boostpower.co.uk by any chance?

I also noted the health conditions you reported. As a forum volunteer, I do have a deep understanding of these things and I suspect that Pay As You Go probably isn’t suitable for you. Have you ever considered switching to Pay Monthly with OVO by any chance? You definitely would be in much better shape that way and wouldn’t ever have to worry about being cold because your credit is running out.

If you’d like to switch over, the Boost Support Team can make the arrangements to get your account migrated to OVO.

I have also informed the forum moderators of this thread, as they might be able to offer some additional advice.

You also qualify for OVO’s Customer Support Package even though you’re on Boost. If you’d like to request that, feel free to check out https://winter-support-package.ovoenergy.com/ as that may also provide something that you can use.

If there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Shell29878,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I can see @Blastoise186 has already given some helpful advice here:

Hey @Shell29878 ,

I’m really sorry to hear this. You said you’re with Boost, so have you tried the Live Chat via their homepage at https://boostpower.co.uk by any chance?

I also noted the health conditions you reported. As a forum volunteer, I do have a deep understanding of these things and I suspect that Pay As You Go probably isn’t suitable for you. Have you ever considered switching to Pay Monthly with OVO by any chance? You definitely would be in much better shape that way and wouldn’t ever have to worry about being cold because your credit is running out.

If you’d like to switch over, the Boost Support Team can make the arrangements to get your account migrated to OVO.

I have also informed the forum moderators of this thread, as they might be able to offer some additional advice.

You also qualify for OVO’s Customer Support Package even though you’re on Boost. If you’d like to request that, feel free to check out https://winter-support-package.ovoenergy.com/ as that may also provide something that you can use.

If there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

just wanted to add that I'd advise getting added to the Priority Services Register if you aren’t already. 

Hope this helps. 

I have just applied for the winter package thank you so much wish I'd knew about this before Christmas myself and my 9 year old autistic son really have felt the cold this winter and those electric blankets would of been brilliant for us both , really do appreciate you taking time out to help , I don't know how I would go about changing back to ovo from pre payment meters which would be ideal for my piece of mind , I've had to borrow off boost the last few month which is so embarrassing because I always make sure I have plenty money on both but it's so hard to keep up with the rising costs , do I phone boost up ? I've tried the live chat but I'm put in a waiting list that never seem to get back to me 

Boost already has me on priority list thank you 😊 🙏 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I can definitely get a phone number for you if that helps? It’s 0330 102 7517 but I recommend against calling in on a Monday unless it’s urgent, to avoid the crazy rush from the weekend.

If you call that number and speak to an agent, they can help you transfer to OVO. If you have any debt or Discretionary Credit/Additional Support Credit to pay back, you will need to pay that off before your account can be transferred. You will however, be offered the option of paying it all off on the spot, which would immediately unblock the transfer and any debt would be wiped from the meters.

If you get stuck, please post in this thread. Both myself, other forum volunteers and the forum moderators are monitoring this thread, so if you post here again we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thank you , I'll phone these tomorrow,  I've also checked my smart meter and they've put our warm home discount on so this will help greatly,  thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. :)

You won’t lose that WHD discount either. If memory serves, the transfer to OVO will either result in the remaining PAYG credit being applied as an account credit to your OVO account, or sent to you as a refund in the post. Either way, I can definitely confirm that you will get it all back.

Really appreciate you taking time out your day to help me :)

Hi there I received an email from Ovo Energy 4 days ago saying my warm home discount would be paid by 28th December 2022! And applied to my account! I've checked my online account with Ovo Energy and it's not been applied! When will it br applied? As the email says December last year ,I'm counting on this like many others, could you please help and when will it be applied? Does anyone know? Thank's in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Ggg ,

Sorry about that! Please give OVO’s Support Team a call on 0330 303 5063 or Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com to fix this. I’d recommend waiting until at least tomorrow though, as lines are ALWAYS jammed like mad on Mondays.

Okay thanks I'll call Ovo Energy tomorrow on the number you've provided, thank's again for the info and your help.

Userlevel 1

Okay thanks I'll call Ovo Energy tomorrow on the number you've provided, thank's again for the info and your help.

Hi @Ggg 

Did you speak to OVO about this? What did they say?

Hi ,the customer service person I spoke to asked a supervisor and said it would be applied ASAP, but....it's not been applied yet! I phoned this morning but had no joy the customer service was shocking! The foreign lady I spoke to was very unhelpful because when I asked about WHD she replied I don't know! What help is this ,I'm very unhappy about there attitude I also mentioned I was severely disabled and had mental health problems BUT the customer service lady wasn't bothered! So I'm no further ahead .very very unhappy with the lack of service and understanding from Ovo Energy.

Userlevel 1

Hi ,the customer service person I spoke to asked a supervisor and said it would be applied ASAP, but....it's not been applied yet! I phoned this morning but had no joy the customer service was shocking! The foreign lady I spoke to was very unhelpful because when I asked about WHD she replied I don't know! What help is this ,I'm very unhappy about there attitude I also mentioned I was severely disabled and had mental health problems BUT the customer service lady wasn't bothered! So I'm no further ahead .very very unhappy with the lack of service and understanding from Ovo Energy.

That’s my experience of OVO’s customer service as well. They also don’t know about WHD, don’t offer any help and usually give out the wrong advice for WHD.

I would suggest you email in a complaint to hello@ovoenergy.com and ask for them to look into it.

I’m having similar problems myself with OVO’s handling of WHD as are many other people on this forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Userlevel 7
Badge +2